Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electives

Options
  • 04-09-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

I forgot to register to one elective (last minute thing), now I have to wait until the 5th to register to that, but what are the chances of me actually been able to register to that elective now??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

It really depends on how popular that particular elective is.
    What module is it?

dyl10 wrote: »
    It really depends on how popular that particular elective is.
    What module is it?

It was Principles of Microeconomics (ECON10010) but I would have been happy with HIS10010 Modern Europe or some other art module as an elective.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

micro has a few hundred in the class , you might get it. i would recommend principles of Macro or Intro to quantitative if you want an easy A+ from an econ subject. Micro is a little trickier. but its fine all the same.

chave wrote: »
    micro has a few hundred in the class , you might get it. i would recommend principles of Macro or Intro to quantitative if you want an easy A+ from an econ subject. Micro is a little trickier. but its fine all the same.

To be honest I'd be happy with any easy arts subject except greek, I hope that their at least one module left tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

Yeah im thinking of changing electives today too alright but Im afraid to drop the one I have now - I might not get a place in any! D:

Any way of checking if an elective is full before registering?

Yeah im thinking of changing electives today too alright but Im afraid to drop the one I have now - I might not get a place in any! D:

Any way of checking if an elective is full before registering?

When your searching for electives you should see beside the course title the number of available places. For example, if the course was full you would see, Available: 0.

Wooohooo go Macroeconomics, yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    To be honest I'd be happy with any easy arts subject except greek, I hope that their at least one module left tomorrow afternoon.
    Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Wooohooo go Macroeconomics, yeah

Macro IS NOT easy at all. Quantitative IS easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

ah lets be honest macro is very light reading in first year. should be getting an A at least by doing a bit of reading.

Advertisement