Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless enable PC

Options
  • 04-09-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I want to wireless enable a pc. The router is a Belkin N1 vision.

Normally I would connect through the ethernet but I have to move the router to a more central location to get coverage throughout the house for the other wireless devices.

So I'm looking at USB adapters. There is a wide range of prices
    eg this for £8.10 or this for £40.49

Basically what should I be paying and what's good?
    Is this a better option than fitting a network card?

Opinions please?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

nazoil wrote: »
    I want to wireless enable a pc. The router is a Belkin N1 vision.

Normally I would connect through the ethernet but I have to move the router to a more central location to get coverage throughout the house for the other wireless devices.

So I'm looking at USB adapters. There is a wide range of prices
    eg this for £8.10 or this for £40.49

Basically what should I be paying and what's good?
    Is this a better option than fitting a network card?

Opinions please?

Given that you already have a 'n' standard router something like this would be a better choice I think:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=346151

It is cheaper and should operate well with the Belkin and give you the advantages of the N standard.

The usb option gives more flexibility than the wireless card. Get a usb extension cord and you can the find the optimal signal position whereas with the network card you have to open up the pc to install it and you are then limited with your position.

Advertisement