Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renewing prov license

• 04-09-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

my 2 year prov moped/ a1 license has just expired, how do i go about getting it renewed ? or can i? any help wud be great cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

I think to renew it you need proof that you have applied for the full test. Or is it that you can renew it for one year and then for the second renewal you need proof of test applcation???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

You're allowed 2 learner permits lasting 2 years each with no problems.

If you have to apply for a third learner permit, you have to show evidence of having applied for a test (and waiting for a test date) or having done the test and failed it.

Remember if you haven't got a current licence, you shouldn't be on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

dont have a bike atm, looking to renew my license then get a new bike.

so how do i go about renewing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

This is what I remember when I was in a similar situation. You can only get a third provisional if you have proof of having applied for a test. If its just your second prov, just get the form and drop it into the tax office along with your current one and off you go.

Had my first provisional, then got my second. Let it expire and did nothing. Called the tax office and they said that I could get a third one if I had proof of a test. Just booked the test, got the receipt and renewed it but it will be a 12 month one you will get if its your third. I think in the middle of all that I was told that if its within a 5 year period you don't need to start from scratch again, if its over 5 years then its the full job from the start including theory test an all.

Advertisement