Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever sought fee refunds?

• 04-09-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Have huge financial burdens and really realised that I cannot comfortably afford my course, not with other obligations, considering asking for a refund. Has anyone else done so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Apply for the students assistance fund. the Students Union or your course adviser might be able to give you information on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

didn't actually register for the course yet but did pay about 2,000 of the 5 required in fees. I'm going to contact the fees office and plead my case. I've too many financial burdens this year, failing that will the others, thanks

Did you enroll? talk to your course advisor.

Right, decided to come back to this as I have found the answer you are seeking.

During enrollment you would have received a red A4 book, the issue of refund of fees is on page 13 of this book.
    The University accepts no obligation to refund any fee or part of any fee paid in respect of any programme

However, in certain circumstances, and on completion of a Student Exit Form, the University may consider a partial refund of the fee paid.

The student, for a refund of any prepaid fees, must submit a Refund of Fees form, i.e. where fees are paid pending grant approval. Refunds will be issued on receipt of of fee payment from the Awarding Authority.

To break it down

Should you wish to withdraw from UL and get money back, you must:

Fill out a student exit form
    Then fill out a Refund of fees form.

This is no guarantee you will get your money back. from the book it gives the impression that it is at the University's discression.

Speak to your course advisor, if you don't know who your senior course advisor is (your course advisor would not have been given to your yet) PM me your course ID and I can look up the name for you.

Advertisement