Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Echo has gone bust.

Options
  • 04-09-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

There's a wee note on the door of their offices in College Street this evening to this effect (more or less).

So, after a mad flurry of new weekly newspapers (I believe there were 5 at one stage), there are just two now: The Anglo Celt and errr.... the Cavan Post, I believe?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

It's a shame to see it happening, but thats the world we live in these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

5 papers in cyaavan; i remember it well. Can't believe the Post is still going - nearly 2 quid for it. Probably only bought by people to see if their picture is in it from a 'night out' in the breffni inn or somewhere.

There was one particular 'writer' for the Cavan Post - she must have got the job through relatives. Absolute disgrace to the profession; no concept of sentance construction and spelling all over the place. Is she still there?

Meanwhile, Cavan Echo RIP. Letterboxes are weeping already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Advertisement