Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for month

Options
  • 04-09-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I have been banned from the European Union forum for a month, i.e. until after the October 2 referendum. I feel this is partisan behavior by a certain pro-Lisbon poster. There is no way i was advertising anything. How can i get someone to review and hopefully rescind the ban?

Hi Freeborn John,

You have been banned from European Union for the following duration:

1 Month(s)

for the following reason:

Advertising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Freeborn John

Link?

This is the post deemed to be advertising.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055672481

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Pimping another website on Boards is advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Freeborn John

I was banned for being an effective anti-Lisbon poster, one that a certain pro-Lisbon moderator could not out-debate.

It is abundently clear that those who make NO arguments on the European Forum get culled. There is serious and persistent abuse of moderating power going on in that section of boards. So a question is if boards.ie are happy to see that continue on a section of their discussion forum and in the run up to an important national referendum, something which actually devalues its role as a discussion forum.

If you are not then maybe you could look at putting a new temporary moderation team into the EU section for the next month?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I was banned for being an effective anti-Lisbon poster

No. You were not.
    You were banned for posting seven links to another website - pimping.
    one that a certain pro-Lisbon moderator could not out-debate.

Nothing to do with the price of turnips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Please don't sign up duplicate accounts to get around forum bans, thanks.

Advertisement