Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First first year lectures? First thing Monday

Options
  • 04-09-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Ok, I just wanted to know what you need to bring with you to your first first year lectures? When do we get the book lists??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

A pad and a couple of pens is all you need.

One piece of advice for ALL first years, especially those ones posting on this forum, is to relax and go with the flow. There's no need to be worried about every last thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Someone's an eager beaver. Bring an A4 pad and something to write with—the first class usually goes through any admin stuff, e.g. blackboard access, office hours, tutorials/labs/practicals. If there are any required or recommended textbooks, your lecturer will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Ok, I just wanted to know what you need to bring with you to your first first year lectures? When do we get the book lists??
    did you not get your booklist? i got mine yesterday:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Depending on what course you're doing, you probably wont need as many books as you think. Especially in first year. The library is good for some stuff, and a lot of information is readily available online. I went through 3 years of commerce with 3/4 books. Plus another I bought, photocopied, and returned to the campus bookshop :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

leesmom wrote: »
    did you not get your booklist? i got mine yesterday:confused:

That'll vary from course to course, even from module to module. Be cagey about buying your books for the first little while until you find out what you'll really need too. Too many people rush off and buy all the books on their book lists and only end up using some of them once or twice, when they could photocopy the relevant pages (taking care to adhere to copyright laws - obviously! :D). There will be certain texts you will use a lot, and others you'll only use a few times in some courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

hmm wut, is a laptop grando, or will I look like a goober. Not that I mind too much either way.

Advertisement