Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messengers from god or aliens?

• 04-09-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I dont think this is even a conspiracy theory but it falls into the category of aliens visiting earth so........imagine this

The messengers sent by god, that we all know as moses, jesus etc were actually aliens sent from some other planet. The biblical happenings were a result of primitive people seeing advanced technology and thinking these were miracles.

For e.g Moses parting the red sea, sending plagues of frogs, lice, flies, locusts and turning rods into snakes. Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, curing a mans sight and calming the storm on the sea of Galilee. What if all that was alien technology.

Maybe aliens used religion to manipulate us, kinda like a way to keep us in place.......mind blowing i know. Not to mention how the pyramids were built but thats another theory.

Before the jokes start rolling in i actually dont believe in what i just wrote, it's just a theory

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

karlog wrote: »
    I dont think this is even a conspiracy theory but it falls into the category of aliens visiting earth so........imagine this

The messengers sent by god, that we all know as moses, jesus etc were actually aliens sent from some other planet. The biblical happenings were a result of primitive people seeing advanced technology and thinking these were miracles.

For e.g Moses parting the red sea, sending plagues of frogs, lice, flies, locusts and turning rods into snakes. Jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, curing a mans sight and calming the storm on the sea of Galilee. What if all that was alien technology.

Maybe aliens used religion to manipulate us, kinda like a way to keep us in place.......mind blowing i know. Not to mention how the pyramids were built but thats another theory.

Before the jokes start rolling in i actually dont believe in what i just wrote, it's just a theory

I see what you're saying, but as little as I believe in aliens, I believe in religion even less. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Actually, it's a theory that's been there for a while really but I guess it just requires someone adept enough to elequently explain it better :) (which is not me btw...)

...but let me have a go anyway...

If you were to look at it with a view more toward science you could see that if we as humans where to find a habitable planet somewhere out there way into the future, and of course also assuming we'd conquered space travel and the ability to travel long distances in short amount of time (not light years for example)...

If we found a planet, surely it would be in the best interests of the human race to populate that planet with people from our own planet, maybe selecting a few humans with very few if any at all genetic defaults and placing them on that planet to populate it, at a young age.

So a couple hundred years has passed, the people have started to progress already into small civilisations and have already forgotten where they came from and how they came to be on that planet.
    The human brain the way it is and peoples imagination also, would eventually I'm sure think up some sort of story to explain who we are when we visit them, a human need to feel like we must belong to something would push them toward inventing religion. Eventually sooner or later we, as their creators, well not really, all we did was place a few of them on the planet originally...we would be thought of as Gods, the creators of their race.

So on and so forth, you get the idea where I'm going...

So who is to say that is not what happened ourselves here on this planet ?

To be honest, a theory like that holds as much sway as any religious belief, in fact if you think about it realistically and what we may be able to do ourselves in the future with our own technological advances - it almost seems even more plausible a theory than that surrounding religion and the creation of mankind by some God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

i am of the mind it is possible that there is a federation of aliens far out in the galaxy.to be worthy to join this federation you must prove your species worth by creating an intelligent living species to populate another planet and be there gods.once that race evolves high enough they inturn must do the same and so on securing the fact that life will always go on in the universe :P

ok that was alot of fantasy sci-fi but i like the idea lol

on a serious note i think it was jordan maxwell and later micheal tsarion that i heard about the theory the bible is a mix of alien history in contact with humans and also ficticious stories aswell to represent the signs of the zodiac.
    for example when moses brings down the 10 commandments and the calf god is being worshipped then destroyed this represents a new age and leaving the age of taurus.
    also think about the 12 tribes of isreal,the 12 apostles,lots of other twelves and also the 12 signs of the zodiac.
    so i believe some parts are history others symbolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Torakx wrote: »
    also think about the 12 tribes of isreal,the 12 apostles,lots of other twelves and also the 12 signs of the zodiac.
    Twelve Colonies of Kobol...

King Mob wrote: »
    hehe had to google to see what that was about.
    sounds spot on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

origionaly there were 13 signs of the zodiac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

karlog wrote: »

Sounds like a standard episode of stargate:D

4gun wrote: »

origionaly there were 13 signs of the zodiac

http://www.uhcg.org/Lost-10-Tribes/13-Tribes-of-Israel.html

http://poptop.hypermart.net/howdied.html

googled these lol
    seems originally there were 13 of these also.or maybe not who really knows.
    maybe they werent real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Torakx wrote: »
    http://www.uhcg.org/Lost-10-Tribes/13-Tribes-of-Israel.html

http://poptop.hypermart.net/howdied.html

googled these lol
    seems originally there were 13 of these also.or maybe not who really knows.
    maybe they werent real

also 13 months coincide with lunar cycle of 13 full moons in a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

King Mob wrote: »

Wasn't it 13, with the Earth tribe being the 13th?

• Advertisement

i grew up in one of those extreme religions compared to catholicism which i was taken out of as a child.
    i studied the bible ALOT or was forced to lol
    and to be totally honest i have to say jordan maxwells interpretation of the bible if you look alongside that with histroy etc seems to make way more sense than bible stories used to.
    the difference is i had been searchign for the truth about a year or so before jordan maxwells theories reached me.
    but in this religion i was told the truth i was to believe.it wasnt up for discussion or i certainly couldnt as a child argue its logic.
    i stil havent ruled out the possibility of god and angels demons.
    it just seems more likely it was some other group of lifeforms and the demons we see interfering with life today may be some other lifeforce on another plane/vibration etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

A good book on this subject is called chariots of the gods.

http://www.amazon.com/Chariots-Gods-Erich-von-Daniken/dp/0425074811

Advertisement