Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowen on Late Late

Options
  • 04-09-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

It seems Cowen is going to be on the Late Late show, giving Turbidy's family connections to FF this will be interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

First question

"So Taoiseach, how much did the Americans fnck up our economy"

"Shockin' awful Ryan, shockin' awful, but not nearly as much as the no vote".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Last question: Thank you so much for being on my first Late Late - see you back in my place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Boxing Gloves ! ,

Theres a pair for everyone in the audience! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Hillel

He's up for the challenge ahead.

Hasn't done much about it, up to now.

He accepts blame for not taxing houses more, but.... no one told him to. (He always followed advice.)

Out, out, out, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

No No tubbs is not licking ass here to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tubridy is being very direct and pinning him on many topics. Any worries about his family's political affiliations meaning a soft interview for Cowen look overdone. He's not screaming at him in anger but he's not pulling punches either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Why do people keep harping on about Tubridy's family connections - he has never makes reference to them or let it affect him. A bit unfair no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Tubridy is being too easy on him. Not asking him specific enough questions and let him harp on with the same answer over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

would love to criticise Tubridy, but he wasn't soft on him as I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

FFS a few straight questions but he let him off far far too lightly, he could have gained respect but I think he let himslef and the show down

• Advertisement

Thought he did OK, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It's the late late show, not the "lets depose the governement show" ...Tubridy (it pains me to say) did fairly well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭amacca

I think Tubridy gave him a chance to respond to most of the questions the public/public assisted by the media have been asking. If he didn't ask these questions and gave him too easy an interview it wouldn't benefit Cowen anyway and he knows this himself Im sure our Taoiseach was well prepared for anything that was thrown at him.

Although on the otherhand I did think the big cheese looked uncomfortable at times during the interview, at one point the camera panned out and he was perched on the side of the sofa with his hands clasped together between his legs like a small schoolchild outside the principals office................... or maybe this was just wishful thinking on my part?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Kenny would have done a far far better interview, remember the show with the Senator's last season? Kenny earned respect Turbidy just threw it away.

Trying to get people to feel sorry for BC asking about personal issues etc etc if Turbidy had any balls he would have went for Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ocul

To be honest - Cowen won that one by a bit, partic towards the end. Tubs was pretty much hitting the LiveLine - slash - Sindo talking points: poor journalism really. My guess is he heard Terry Prone this avo who set up the fairly 'run-through/hit the issues and move on' dynamic that played out,

Although on the otherhand I did think the big cheese looked uncomfortable at times during the interview, at one point the camera panned out and he was perched on the side of the sofa with his hands clasped together between his legs like a small schoolchild outside the principals office................... or maybe this was just wishful thinking on my part?

I did notice that. But then I thought, He can hardly sit back and look all relaxed here. How would that come across?

Tableman wrote: »
    I did notice that. But then I thought, He can hardly sit back and look all relaxed here. How would that come across?

True, true hadn't thought too deeply about it, I suppose if youve done something wrong or your electorate are of the opinion you have its best not to appear too nonchalant lest you infuriate them more.

But I thought I detected him reddening up at times and rushing his answers slightly, to me he looked nervous at times.......

If he was coached to do this then he has some pretty nifty acting skills.....

he could go on to earn more from nixers outside of politics than bertie ever will if he applied himself to the life of a thespian.

Just think of it "The Hurt Locker" starring Brian Cowen in his breakthrough role as a thrill seeking bomb disposal expert or Indiana Cowen and the Central Bank of Doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 OldFFail

Villain wrote: »
    Trying to get people to feel sorry for BC asking about personal issues etc etc if Turbidy had any balls he would have went for Cowen.
    FFS, not another testicularly challenged FFer? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ocul

Bring back BC - i dont care for this guy's - westie's - family law probs!...tit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭sparklepants

I can't imagine PK or Gaybo asking any taoiseach if he drinks a lot. A rubicon has been crossed, and a curtain closes on an era of integrity in Irish TV journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭FACEPALM

I think BC did very well tonight

I can't imagine PK or Gaybo asking any taoiseach if he drinks a lot. A rubicon has been crossed, and a curtain closes on an era of integrity in Irish TV journalism.

They would have asked it but in a less direct way. This is one interview I would actually liked Pat Kenny to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Cowen still accepts no responsibility - he acted on the best advice given. So that's it! No matter what happens from now on he will have acted on the best advice given and he gets more dosh than Barak Obama for that! Must be very comforting for the 400,000 out of work!

Cowen still accepts no responsibility - he acted on the best advice given. So that's it! No matter what happens from now on he will have acted on the best advice given and he gets more dosh than Barak Obama for that! Must be very comforting for the 400,000 out of work!

Yeah, That was a strange line that he was taking decisions based on advice. The obvious question in this case is: Where was this advice coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

tubridy licked cowans arse!

mink_man wrote: »

If this is what happened tonight then I'm not sure who I should feel sorry for, the licker or the lickee.

Perhaps I should feel sorry for you paying a TV license and having to witness such an event.

juuge wrote: »

That's what struck me too. Try as he might, he simply couldn't get himself to acknowledge any responsibility. Simply not in his make up - it was "the advisors" who led him astray. Well I wish he'd keep straying ..... out the door, down the drive and far away. Try as he will, and he really was trying tonight, he simply doesn't have what it takes to get us out of this mess. I actualy felt sorry for him, but that doesn't matter, he simply has to go. If things get much worse there will be no country left to lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mink_man wrote: »

Worst mental image of the day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Right guys, this isn't After Hours, please don't descend into such vulgarity on here. None of want those kind of mental images. :/

Advertisement