Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800 gmail

Options
  • 04-09-2009 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

My Nokia 5800 won't send gmail emails from the mail section. I added gmail as my email within the my messages section but when I try to respond to an email, it won't send. It simply remains in the outbox.

Are there settings I can change to make them send from there? As it's far easier than pulling up gmail on a web page in the internet section.

Also is there a gmail app for the Nokia 5800 with a gmail icon like the facebook one?

I would be grateful for advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

taisteal wrote: »
    My Nokia 5800 won't send gmail emails from the mail section. I added gmail as my email within the my messages section but when I try to respond to an email, it won't send. It simply remains in the outbox.

Are there settings I can change to make them send from there? As it's far easier than pulling up gmail on a web page in the internet section.

Also is there a gmail app for the Nokia 5800 with a gmail icon like the facebook one?

I would be grateful for advice!

Weirdest thing .... Mine started doing that during the last couple of days.
    It will retrieve but not send ...

You can download the java app - m.google.com

Sending works fine from this app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Which apn are you using? Vodafone live has some ports blocked. That will prevent you sending. Yahoo prefers port 587 for sending. If i roam i change from misp to live and i cant send unless i change the port to 110 in advanced settings in email settings. Hth

Using the Meteor data APN. Must try that port thing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

ashleey wrote: »
    Which apn are you using? Vodafone live has some ports blocked. That will prevent you sending. Yahoo prefers port 587 for sending. If i roam i change from misp to live and i cant send unless i change the port to 110 in advanced settings in email settings. Hth

Thought live was proxyless now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Couldn't send mail in uk on wednesday via live. It's ok at home. Maybe meteor are different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 taisteal

I'm also with Meteor too but it never worked for me in the email section.

Changed the port back to "Default" from something like 465 (huh ?) - works fine over wifi now.

Advertisement