Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Mini DV tape

Options
  • 04-09-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Hey lads,
    Would appreciate yer help in this.
    Got a tape from a friend which is mini dv.
    It was recorded on either ntsc or secam as when I try to capture it through firewire it comes out all blocky.Tried 3 different computers and different programs.
    It plays fine when viewing through camcorder but cant capture in computer.
    Is there anyway of doing this or bring it some place to convert it.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I have tried movie maker,adobe premiere,power dvd and also click to disc.
    All these have the issue with just this tape.
    It is either ntsc or secam.
    I have googled it and the way people have described there issue it is the same as mine but there does not seem to be any resolution to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 marksass

Was the footage shot on a hdv cam, or was it captured on a standard definition cam, that could be the issue if you're putting a hdv recorded cam into a standard def cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

It does matter that its NTSC.
    The framerate is different and could be one of 2. It will be 60Hz instead of 50 and the colours will be handled differently.

This may all manifest itself as what you describe as 'blocky' if what you mean by blocky is a kind of tearing/ jagged lines on any edges.

what are you capturing it with? surely there is a preferences option or project settings where you can set the project to NTSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

If you are using premiere then put the setting to NTSC. Make sure the other setting are correct eg audio, screen siz/ratio

That would be exactly what he doesnt want to do!

• Advertisement

That would be exactly what he doesnt want to do!

Corrected it

You could try using something like nerovision. Although its not a very good program and It can be buggy it will handle both ntsc and pal

Bob Z wrote: »
    Corrected it

;)

Advertisement