Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best & Worst County Tipperary towns

• 04-09-2009 9:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭

i see they have a similar topic on the Limerick county forum!!

so who do ye think are the best and worst towns in tipp??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think this has been done before,or something similar,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

what defines "best" and what defines "worst" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

tipp town is terrible and get my vote for worst town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Tipp town only because its so close to Limerick but Carrick On Suir and Thurles have to be up there as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

worst Tipp Town
    best Cahir obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Tipp town only because its so close to Limerick
    Thats below the belt :eek:

Since i started the Limerick thread, i'll add my comments to the Tipp one also. From my reasonable knowledge of Tipperary, the best would have to be Clonmel. Nice town with good shopping and some nice architecture to it. I always thought Cahir was a pleasant town too. Dromineer is lovely although its not a town as such but would defo be Tipps nicest village. Tipp Town is head and shoulders the worst in the county, closely followed by Templemore. Thurles doesn't impress me either, hurling days out aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Cashel would have to be the best imo. Nice Main st and of course the Rock. Thurles, Carrick on Suir and Tipp town would easily feature on Ireland's worst towns, let alone their own counties. Celtic tiger well and truly bypassed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tipp town as worst

Terryglass as nicest. Not a town though, only a village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

mfitzy wrote: »
    Thurles, Carrick on Suir and Tipp town would easily feature on Ireland's worst towns, let alone their own counties. Celtic tiger well and truly bypassed them.

bypassed by the celtic tiger maybe but they also aren't feeling the hurt now as a much some other places so it works both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 max T

Thanks for all ur crappy opinions shared there but from a thurles man i would have to say the only thing wrong in thurles would be the excess amount of buggies most of which contain babies with some with cans of course. Damn teenage pregnancies. Must not forget 40 coats aswell for without him and his fountain shaving and pissing in the street thurles would be nothing more than a home for knackers. Oh and two mile borris is close by which has to be the best village by far in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

Pretty easy to see that without Clonmel, Tipperary would be considered a poor county... which it is not...

But more importantly - without Clonmel, all of you Republicans could likely consider yourself Brits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Love heading out to Paddys bar in Terryglass in the middle of winter. The fire blazing, no tourists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

im a carrick man i agree its bad but not as bad as clonmel.
    not a week goes by where i dont see a burnt out house/car up there hear of stabbings and robberies

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Worst town - Tipperary Town without a shadow of a doubt. It's a disgusting, run down kip, with no civic spirit from its denizens. The sooner it's bypassed, the better. Tipp town would be up there with the worst towns in Ireland - along with Athy, Longford, Dundalk and Tuam.

Carrick On Suir isn't great either. Thurles? It's so so - could do with a bit of sprucing up.

Terryglass is one of the prettiest villages anywhere - Tipperary is fortunate to have it. Nicest town - IMO Cahir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

have to agree Tipp Town is the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

Beautiful Emly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RONOC08

JupiterKid wrote: »
    . Tipp town would be up there with the worst towns in Ireland - along with Athy, Longford, Dundalk and Tuam.

Can I ask what you find wrong with Dundalk? I find it a brilliant town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Tipperary town is deadly. Your all just jealous :):p:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Deadly is a good word for it all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Beautiful Emly.

Won the tidiest town award didn't it? Very nice to hear.
    Tipperary town is deadly. Your all just jealous :):p:)

I'm definitely not jealous of your grammar.

• Advertisement

Won the tidiest town award didn't it? Very nice to hear.

I'm definitely not jealous of your grammar.

An attack on my grammar. Oh im heartbroken.. Geek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

would i be right in thinking that tipp town is the place where the roads resemble the surface of the moon if so then i have to agree tipp town is the worst

An attack on my grammar. Oh im heartbroken.. Geek

You make a point that 'Tipperary town is deadly', then you back that up with rubbish grammar, it doesn't make much sense.

A good amount of people on Boards use correct grammar and will correct you if you're wrong. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest. Does that mean they're all 'Geek'(s) too? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

max T wrote: »
    Thanks for all ur crappy opinions shared there but from a thurles man i would have to say the only thing wrong in thurles would be the excess amount of buggies most of which contain babies with some with cans of course. Damn teenage pregnancies. Must not forget 40 coats aswell for without him and his fountain shaving and pissing in the street thurles would be nothing more than a home for knackers. Oh and two mile borris is close by which has to be the best village by far in ireland

lmao

Can't comment much on many of the Tipp. areas

Thurles just seems to be a place for people to exist, no atmosphere as such.
    Traffic is brutal no matter when. It's not the worst but it's not the best.
    Too many skanks, too much doggy landmines.

Tourists might be annoying but they do add a bit of life to a place and Thurles is always by passed because it's not a touristy spot.

Dundrum is a nice area I think.

Twomileborris is a dive. Templemore could be nice but it's uber skanky in places pity the park is full of them.

You make a point that 'Tipperary town is deadly', then you back that up with rubbish grammar, it doesn't make much sense.

A good amount of people on Boards use correct grammar and will correct you if you're wrong. I don't see anything wrong with that to be honest. Does that mean they're all 'Geek'(s) too? :pac:

Well imho your comment was (forgive my grammar) acting the smartarse. I couldnt think of another phrase at this moment. There was no need for it and i know i might be easily offended but it was not connected to the point of my comment. The roads in Ireland are the responsibility of the nra and Tipperary town council has campaigned for a bypass for god knows how long to no avail. Plus the roads in the rest of ireland are not very good anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

To be honest i think Cashel and Nenagh are probably the best towns in Tipperary. North and South. Roscrea is pretty dodgy, Tipp town, Carrick-on-suir are prob the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Deedsie wrote: »
    To be honest i think Cashel and Nenagh are probably the best towns in Tipperary. .

Nenagh? Are you quite mad!!!!! Born and bred there. living away, but everytyime I return home the slide toward every greater sh1tholery continues apace. A cesspit, which on Saturday night is the closest thing you'll get to a bad night in Baghdad without getting sand in your shoes..dear lord I'd rather spend a night in Kabul....dressed as a lady boy...wearing a 'feck Osama Bin Laden' T-shirt....carrying an american flag....

toomevara wrote: »
    Nenagh? Are you quite mad!!!!! Born and bred there. living away, but everytyime I return home the slide toward every greater sh1tholery continues apace. A cesspit, which on Saturday night is the closest thing you'll get to a bad night in Baghdad without getting sand in your shoes.

You can expect quite a few bombings and the like so? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

toomevara wrote: »
    Nenagh? Are you quite mad!!!!! Born and bred there. living away, but everytyime I return home the slide toward every greater sh1tholery continues apace. A cesspit, which on Saturday night is the closest thing you'll get to a bad night in Baghdad without getting sand in your shoes..dear lord I'd rather spend a night in Kabul....dressed as a lady boy...wearing a 'feck Osama Bin Laden' T-shirt....carrying an american flag....

Now now just cos you didnt make the cut and we fcuked you out there's no need to be bitter, and with that username and your a mod on the rugby forum id say they hounded you out of Toom :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Now now just cos you didnt make the cut and we fcuked you out there's no need to be bitter, and with that username and your a mod on the rugby forum id say they hounded you out of Toom :D

noooo!!!!, don't bring it all back to me...my therapist says I'm doing fine now...*twitch*

Advertisement