Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best & Worst County Tipperary towns

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

the convent in roscrea sold today at the allsops auction for €115,000. amazing, valued at 2 million back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Lovely Carrick,the jewel of the Suir.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Cahir is by far Tipps nicest town.People say that Tipp Town and Carrick On Suir are very bad but i think their grand.Clonmel has a very weird vibe to it.A few days ago when the bus pulls into the train station.The driver refused to let a passenger on the bus.It was obvious that there was a history between the two.Your man then starts saying you're an IRA man,you eat dead bodies,you shouldn't be driving a CIE bus, you eat dead bodies you IRA man.When i say saying i mean more like crazed yelling.He was wearing a yellow reflector jacket,a black hat and sunglasses and he had what looked like a crutch or a cane of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Your judgeing a whole town by the rantings of a disturbed man who was at the bus station leaving the town? Indeed......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Went to school and am in Tipp town everyday nearly. Worst town in Tipperary county? Easily. It's a kip. I went to school in the tech and that was severely depressing. There's nothing here. No scenerary, nothing majorly historical, sweet f all facilities! Just a depressing, run down town.

Can't speak for the best town but village wise- Terryglass, Dromineer, Garykennedy. Most places on the river really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Your judgeing a whole town by the rantings of a disturbed man who was at the bus station leaving the town? Indeed......

Ha true.You're man was a proper headcase though.The driver had trouble with him before that's why he refused to let him on the bus so this character is a regular on the Waterford to Limerick route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

One thing that has killed tipp town in recent times is the new Tesco and Dunnes on the Limerick road. Business are really struggling in the town centre and so there's are a lack of cafe's, tea shops and resturants that you get in Cashel.

When tourism isnt your main bread and butter you need shoppers in the town rather than the outskirs.

How would tesco and dunnes effect tea in cashel?

Could be the butterfly effect.
    Butterfly flutters its wings in Dunnes and causes a storm in a tea cup in Cashel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Paddico wrote: »
    One thing that has killed tipp town in recent times is the new Tesco and Dunnes on the Limerick road. Business are really struggling in the town centre and so there's are a lack of cafe's, tea shops and resturants that you get in Cashel.

When tourism isnt your main bread and butter you need shoppers in the town rather than the outskirs.

No they haven't, The only thing that has killed the centre of Tipp Town is the people themselves for not demanding a by-pass, I wouldn't shop in the centre of Tipp if you paid me, Its a disgusting traffic clogged kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

charlemont wrote: »
    No they haven't, The only thing that has killed the centre of Tipp Town is the people themselves for not demanding a by-pass, I wouldn't shop in the centre of Tipp if you paid me, Its a disgusting traffic clogged kip.

Thats utter muck. you haven't a clue what you're on about.There was an original plan for a motorway from pallasgreen to cahir. However that plan is as good as dead thanks to the downturn.In case you haven't noticed, the government has completely decimated the capital budget, so there's very few similar projects going ahead nationwide. There's a current planning application in for a 'mini' bypass which will hopefully alleviate the situation if it goes ahead.

So maybe check your facts before you make wild inaccurate statements tarnishing the entire population of the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

How would tesco and dunnes effect tea in cashel?

Not much, visitors to the Rock of Cashel wander down the main street, lovely buildings, Cashel Palace Hotel, formerly Protestant Bishops Residence, also nice old Protestant Church just off main street. Of course the town is also bye passed which is a great help.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

digzy wrote: »
    Thats utter muck. you haven't a clue what you're on about.There was an original plan for a motorway from pallasgreen to cahir. However that plan is as good as dead thanks to the downturn.In case you haven't noticed, the government has completely decimated the capital budget, so there's very few similar projects going ahead nationwide. There's a current planning application in for a 'mini' bypass which will hopefully alleviate the situation if it goes ahead.

So maybe check your facts before you make wild inaccurate statements tarnishing the entire population of the town!

I know all my facts in relation to Tipp Town, I also know there has been several designs for By Passes there since the late 60's but here we are in 2013 and Voila ! Nothing....And the mini bypass inner/relief route will be bogged down in objections particularly from the Galbally road area therefore thats unfortunately going to be another pipe dream..

I know all my facts in relation to Tipp Town, ..

I'll look forward to your book of wisdom so;)

A brief chat with a trader/resident might enlighten you as regards how they feel about a bypass, as opposed to a bit of keyboard warrioring.

I'll look forward to your book of wisdom so;)

A brief chat with a trader/resident might enlighten you as regards how they feel about a bypass, as opposed to a bit of keyboard warrioring.

Far more wisdom than you'll ever have. Don't be accusing me of keyboard warrioring either, Its not even a real word. :p But sure Tipp is barely a real town now is it ?:pac:

my daddy would beat up your daddy.....

maybe you ought to think twice before you start telling lies and pretending you know all the facts.

btw the town is a complete hole so i'm not defending it. it's the one of the worst towns I've ever been in. However your declaration that the population never wanted a bypass is utter lies.

my daddy would beat up your daddy.....

maybe you ought to think twice before you start telling lies and pretending you know all the facts.

btw the town is a complete hole so i'm not defending it. it's the one of the worst towns I've ever been in. However your declaration that the population never wanted a bypass is utter lies.

No you misread it, I said they never DEMANDED . Your accusing me of telling lies, Why because I more than likely much more about planning than you, Well obviously I should seeing as I work in that industry since last summer. Jealousy is an awful thing, Not my fault if your a bit slow in the head. BTW I have family there so I know the town fairly well.

No you misread it, I said they never DEMANDED . Your accusing me of telling lies, Why because I more than likely much more about planning than you, Well obviously I should seeing as I work in that industry since last summer. Jealousy is an awful thing, Not my fault if your a bit slow in the head. BTW I have family there so I know the town fairly well.

you're incorrect again. the townspeople have been demanding, appealing, arrogating for, bidding for, calling for, clamoring for, (or whatever other word you want to use) etc.... a bypass for years. it hasn't happened yet. and wont be happening for a while.

Now grow up and save your personal insinuations and pathetic attempts at insults for someone who gives a fig for your silly opinions:rolleyes:
    Do you think you're the only person here with a third level qualification..... Don't be so presumptuous and arrogant to think I'm jealous of a keyboard warrior
    I'd advise you to the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

*unsubscribes from thread*

i' m feeling that way too:cool:

• Advertisement

Tipp Towns a hold I live here. Nobody fought properly to have that by pass constructed. The town merely gave up once told 'no'.

you're incorrect again. the townspeople have been demanding, appealing, arrogating for, bidding for, calling for, clamoring for, (or whatever other word you want to use) etc.... a bypass for years. it hasn't happened yet. and wont be happening for a while.

Now grow up and save your personal insinuations and pathetic attempts at insults for someone who gives a fig for your silly opinions:rolleyes:
    Do you think you're the only person here with a third level qualification..... Don't be so presumptuous and arrogant to think I'm jealous of a keyboard warrior
    I'd advise you to the contrary.

Your acting like a big child, All upset because I offended your town, Keep it up, You dug the hole for yourself by posting shíte and accusations against me personally, As you will note my original post was about Tipp Town and not about you. And well done for ruining the thread too.

Au contraire

You made an inaccurate statement re the townspeople. I tried to correct it.You dont know what demands were made of the local politicians by the people.
    I'm above your silly comments about how educated/intelligent you are as opposed to me. Nobody cares. You stalked my page already so you can made a reasonable guess as to my profession-i'll say no more;)

As regards whether a bypass goes ahead anywhere, It's laughable to suggest that decisions are dictated by the demands of the local population. There's people in every town who will take it upon themselves to make demands re bypasses and other issues. The NRA and planners (I presume) complete an analysis of any proposed bypass and make a decision on which projects are most pressing given the resources available.

As regards bypasses:rolleyes:, I recall going through cashel for years before the motorway. it was choked up but it was still a nice town. Tipp town will still be a hole irrespective of a bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I don't think there are many words that could accurately describe Tipp Town. It is without doubt the most depressing hole in Ireland. I have never in my life witnessed such miserable people that seem to spend their lives begrudging everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

Samsgirl wrote: »
    . I have never in my life witnessed such miserable people that seem to spend their lives begrudging everyone else.

hmm sounds like most irish people we love begrudging everyone else sounds like ya had a bad time you could have gone to anyone place in the world and the same happen cant right the whole place and all the people off?

if i was someone wanting to come to tipperary county not town this thread would make me not bother,

i live near tipp town i know its not the best town in the county but reading this i think some of ye would like to make it "go away" like springfield in the simpsons movie haha should just bypass the place and delete it off the map:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It's begrudgery on a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Samsgirl wrote: »
    It's begrudgery on a whole new level.

What do they begrudge?

I know all my facts in relation to Tipp Town, I also know there has been several designs for By Passes there since the late 60's but here we are in 2013 and Voila ! Nothing....And the mini bypass inner/relief route will be bogged down in objections particularly from the Galbally road area therefore thats unfortunately going to be another pipe dream..

A bypass since the 60’s? The first town to be bypassed was Naas around 84 and they only bypassed Limerick a few years ago.
    While I agree on the relief road been ridiculous and will get bogged down on objections it isn’t completely the traffic that’s killing the town centre, its things like the council charging for parking, big super stores outside the town that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Paddico wrote: »
    A bypass since the 60’s? The first town to be bypassed was Naas around 84 and they only bypassed Limerick a few years ago.
    While I agree on the relief road been ridiculous and will get bogged down on objections it isn’t completely the traffic that’s killing the town centre, its things like the council charging for parking, big super stores outside the town that sort of thing.

Government are now talking about capital investment projects for job creation, a by pass for Tipp town should be high up on the priority list. Maybe planning permission can be fast tracked, I know there is legislation in place to over rule certain objections. Regretfully Tipp town lacks political clout.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Au contraire

You made an inaccurate statement re the townspeople. I tried to correct it.You dont know what demands were made of the local politicians by the people.
    I'm above your silly comments about how educated/intelligent you are as opposed to me. Nobody cares. You stalked my page already so you can made a reasonable guess as to my profession-i'll say no more;)

As regards whether a bypass goes ahead anywhere, It's laughable to suggest that decisions are dictated by the demands of the local population. There's people in every town who will take it upon themselves to make demands re bypasses and other issues. The NRA and planners (I presume) complete an analysis of any proposed bypass and make a decision on which projects are most pressing given the resources available.

As regards bypasses:rolleyes:, I recall going through cashel for years before the motorway. it was choked up but it was still a nice town. Tipp town will still be a hole irrespective of a bypass.

Your above my silly comments are you ? Hasn't stopped you making silly accusations of your own against me has it ? Your obviously a fairly pathetic bloke, You can give it but you can't take it, And I don't know or really care what you work at either..

Advertisement