Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot find a good new house for sale!

Options
  • 04-09-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Why are so many new builds left unfinished until the builders get an interested party?
    Is it not better to have your house for sale in its glory to intice buyers? esp now when buyers are so scarce.

I have viewed so many new builds (rural only) and they look as if the builders heard of the recession and dropped tools, then expect someone to want to buy their house. And as for the site around the house, well jungles eat your heart out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Because they don't have the money to finish? Because they don't want to spend more money on house that is falling in value?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Yes, I can understand the builders not wanting to spend any more money on their build, but what are they going to do? just leave the house to rot? and for how long?
    Most new builds I have seen are on sale for up to 18 months now (some even longer). One house had 2 dead crows upstairs, and it looked like these birds had been flying around the house for a good while before they died from starvation! I can tell you we as potential buyers were totally put off............not necessarily by the dead birds, but by the lack of attention/care in the house. No one had visited the house for weeks, if not months.
    It wouldnt cost much to keep an eye on a property, (sweep up, cut the grass/jungle, clear the builders rubble etc) one that you want to sell, and in this market the one that sells (in my opinion) is the one that stands out above the rest! (for good reasons).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if you have *no money* to pay wages and are maybe in a fair amount of debt due to over extending yourself on multiple projects there is nothing you can do - even if it will only cost a bit :)

OP - I was looking for over a year before I found the right place for me. Dont worry and just keep looking. Dont rush into it and get somewhere for the sake of it, its a big commitment your getting into :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Yes, having no available funds is a problem for alot of these builders now, I think they have just cut their losses and ran. Just wish they would update their pictures maybe............or get the auctioneers to stop airbrushing their pictures, so that there is less of a shock when you see the house in reality! lol

And yep, taking our time, but its such a pain in the *** looking.

Advertisement