Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lab Question

Options
  • 04-09-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey I was just wondering, Ive a lab at 9 o clock Monday morning for a Pharmacology module (stinger yes I know:D), and it says that they are scheduled for "odd weeks", so I just wanted to clarify that theres no labs for the first week right? or is there? So then my first lab would be week 3? Monday the 21st? Im not sure and just need confirmation, would hate to miss a lab right at the start

much thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 n7sen

first week is week 53 according to my weekly timetable so the week when lectures start(7th September) you should have a lab.
    check you weekly timetable: go to SIS=> Information for Students=> Weekly timetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Just check your weekly timetable as said above or just turn up and either have a lab or look a fool on your first day lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

Generally, labs stated as being on "odd weeks" don't include week 1 as they can't really expect you to do much without having some basic theory behind it. (*assumes you're in first year apologies if you're not, though the question is equally valid*)

Saying this however, I had labs which said "all weeks" last year and was on tuesdays and this included the very first week. We had an hour long safety talk a quick walk around the lab, got glassware, second year chemisty admin stuff, etc. Very important, if you miss them you were penalised heavily. (Miss the first proper lab due to having to watch the safety talk, being a week behind the rest of the class for the entire semester is a lot more embarassing than coming in early one day)

I'd say head in on monday for 9am, see if it's on, if it's not ah well, if it is thank god you went. If you're stuck waiting around for the next 3 hours check out the rest of the building make sure you know where the rest of your lectures/labs are on for the day, then go chill somewhere with the other members of your class smart enough to get up at 7am "just in case" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 L.i.t.h.i.u.m

haha thanks everyone, I just checked my weekly timetable, theres none for the week starting the 7th, but one on the 14th.... although it says odd weeks on my general one (so if its the 14th, it would make it an even week being the 2nd week, but odd probably means every second week here?), haha I'm actually going into second year, you'd think I'd know, just wanted to make sure, its been a long summer:) Thanks all, pheeeew, roll on Monday i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Usually it is only physics that does labs on the first week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement