Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor Fees

Options
  • 04-09-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Am buying a house and have two questions re solicitor fees I was hoping somebody can answer for me:
    1) My solicitor is charging €100 + VAT for telephone and postage - is this normal? I would have thought that I pay Vat on the professional fees but was not expecting to pay VAT on phone and post aswell?
    2) does anyone know the cost which I should be charged for changing the name on the property deed, no other work should be involved just change of name?
    Thanks,
    Oj1234

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i worked as a legal secretary of 7 years and the hundred euro plus vat is standard

i cant answer the 2nd part, as i havent worked in the sector in a long while

Advertisement