Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothes Shopping in The North

• 04-09-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Everyone!

Im new to these here parts so be nice!! and im so sorry if this has been done before, I searched threads for Shopping Northern Ireland but didnt return much!

Ok so .... My Godsons christening is on in a few weeks, about 3 or 4 so me and his mammy went shopping today to Athlone & Galway and could not find a single thing! So were thinking next on the list be Dublin!

However this particular dress caught my eye today but the price made me gag! (The shops price today was €215!!EEEKKK!!) So out of curiosity I went on line to see the sterling price and when i converted to Euro it was €158! A sizeable markdown if i must say so myself!

So it got me thinking would it be worthwhile to go up north shopping to try and get an outfit?!
    If so where is the best place to go that would be near enough to us here in Galway? I know a few people go to Eniskillen so is it good for clothes shopping?!

Many Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi Banshee Bones! I actually tried on that dress last week in Blanchardstown shopping centre!

Anyway as Im sure you know there is a 'Monsoon' in Enniskillen, its not fantastic, fairly small shop, but you could call and ask if they had that dress in stock... There is also a 'Next' which is fairly big, but in general I don't find Enniskillen great for clothes shopping, I think you may be better heading up to Newry, wheer you would have a better selection..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Order it online. You pay the UK price plus something like 8 pounds postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Pythia wrote: »
    Order it online. You pay the UK price plus something like 8 pounds postage.

Hey Pythia
    Can you do that with all UK sites or just the odd one? and what do you put in for the post code? Thanks!

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey Pythia
    Can you do that with all UK sites or just the odd one? and what do you put in for the post code? Thanks!

River Island and Marks don't post here. Topshop do, as do Monsoon. There's a good few others but I can't think right now. I put in my post code as 14 as I'm Dublin 14 but if you must and you're not from Dublin then 00 or something would do I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Hey Pythia, yeah if i like it when i try it on thats the back up plan, i looked into it last night its delivered by courier in 7-10 working days and its £7.95 for postage and packaging!
    My question would be in general where to go up North for a shopping trip!

• Advertisement

Hey Pythia, yeah if i like it when i try it on thats the back up plan, i looked into it last night its delivered by courier in 7-10 working days and its £7.95 for postage and packaging!
    My question would be in general where to go up North for a shopping trip!

Just try it on in the shop you originally saw it in, then order online. You can return in an Irish store and get the Irish price refunded, you actually would make a small profit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

If you really want to go north shopping, then I would recommend Belfast. The best choice and variety of shops are always found in cities. Victoria St shopping centre is a really nice shopping centre and right in the centre of the city. All the usual high street shops are in Belfast and it has plenty of little boutiques too. Sterling prices and Irish shops make it ideal for shopping! It's also a very accessible city with plenty of parking and good roads going into it.

Just try it on in the shop you originally saw it in, then order online. You can return in an Irish store and get the Irish price refunded, you actually would make a small profit!

OOOO! I wonder would that work? I doubt it if i didnt have an actual retail receipt! I could probably get an exchange for something of similar value though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

i bought a top in River Island in Southampton decided I didnt want it so returned it minus receipt in Galway and got a credit note for the irish price which was far higher!:D

OOOO! I wonder would that work? I doubt it if i didnt have an actual retail receipt! I could probably get an exchange for something of similar value though!!!

It does! I bought a coat on Monsoon online for 100GBP and returned it for 150EUR.

• Advertisement

Oh Girls I think were on to something here !!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

TillyGirl wrote: »
    i bought a top in River Island in Southampton decided I didnt want it so returned it minus receipt in Galway and got a credit note for the irish price which was far higher!:D

I'm telling on you!!!!! :P

I agree with buying from the UK 'cause even with the cost of postage, it'll still be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 goodgirl12

Monsoon have now stopped exchanging things that were bought in the North. Well thats what I've found anyway... If you go to a store in Dublin and want to return something you bought in the North they won't do it. Have to exchange it in the North instead.

Think they've copped on to what was happening!

goodgirl12 wrote: »
    Monsoon have now stopped exchanging things that were bought in the North. Well thats what I've found anyway... If you go to a store in Dublin and want to return something you bought in the North they won't do it. Have to exchange it in the North instead.

Think they've copped on to what was happening!

I would ring up the helpdesk before returning. I did this and made thepoint I would make money and they agreed and said it was a 'gesture of goodwill' even though I had no issue, other than it not fitting me.

Advertisement