Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get PC games ?

Options
  • 04-09-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I was trying to find a copy of FM 2009 yesterday i went into Gamestop, HMV and smyths but they didnt have anything on PC gaming... Any shop i can try that you know of ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

All three should have some PC games. Where abouts are you based? Otherwise try online - play.com, amazon.co.uk, ebay.ie, etc...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stupid shops, and their ****ing paltry amount of PC games. And they complain about the piracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 thetruthpp

im in Dublin , its just that i had to format my comp and im going to be on a train for 8 hours this sunday i would like to have my trusty Football Manager to play xD... Thats why i tried to get it in the city center :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They have it on Steam if you're willing to do the digital distribution route.

BTW the only place that had a few PC games was Symths but i mean they had like 7 games for sale xD i thought that was kinda crap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^ most of them were probably World of Warcraft and expansion packs :pac:

Yeah a lot of WOW stuff... I couldnt care less since i dont play the game xD anyway anywhere you guys could recommend im not really familliar with Dublin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No, most of them are the Sims and their expansion packs.

So anywhere in Dublin or am i scr3wed xD

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Do you have a GAME around you? There is normally PC games there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Do you have a GAME around you? There is normally PC games there.

If you're around Dublin, GAME on Dawson St. have a decent selection. A good range of older budget titles as well (this may be old info – as I've not been there in 5 months).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

theres also game in the ilaq center, but the dawson st is bigger.
    dublin has become very poor lately for pc gamers. I much perfer to buy off steam when i can or play.com as i'll stil get the game much quicker then waiting for dublin shops to bother trying to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

If you want a hard copy you could try www.play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Skatedude wrote: »
    theres also game in the ilaq center, but the dawson st is bigger.
    dublin has become very poor lately for pc gamers. I much perfer to buy off steam when i can or play.com as i'll stil get the game much quicker then waiting for dublin shops to bother trying to get it.
    its the same with the entire industry. Shops dont want to sell PC games. Theyre viewed as a headache. You arent allowed to return PC Games, for one. And between the complaints and the lack of resale profitability (which gamestop and others use as their entire business model) it becomes unprofitable for them to commit much if any shelf space to pc games.

Advertisement