Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the big house gone?

Options
  • 05-09-2009 12:14am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So if your going towards Fintown, out past Jacksons hotel Blue Ceders and that. There used to be a huge big old house up on the left hand side. It was a bit out the road from Ballybofey but you couldn't have missed it, it was huge like.

Anyway, I haven't been up that way for a few years now, but was up that way a few weeks ago and it's disappeared!!

Anyone know what happened it? I don't know what it was called or anything and my discription might not be that great.

Someone was telling me that Mick Hucknell of Simply Red has bought some house out that road recently. I hate him already so my mind automatically decided that he knocked it down.

Can anyone clear Mick Hucknels name in this matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Ok boss,

Vincents Vega's doll is after ODing here on bbc1 but that house is tumbled about 2 years or so.

Mick was in for that house but it ended up going to l,ocal man McElhinney (not the department store) and he is in the process of giving it the old 1-2.

So far he has tumbled the old house,surrounded the entire boundery with a wooden fence,drained the front garden and done a bit of work on the gate house.

Shes alive again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Ah so Mick is an innocent man.

Still hate him though.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mick did indeed buy a house (new) but its located on the other side of the river and roughly opposite the old house you refer to.

Yeah there's a fairly fancy looking one over that side, it's hidden by trees a fair bit. Wonder if that's his?

Something looked on fire over that way the other day, maybe it was Mick? We can only hope.

On a more serious note though, it's a shame the other guy knocked that old house down. It was a bloody impressive thing to look at.

It was a fine Tudor style house (in it's day) but sadly got into a bad state of disrepair over the years.

In any event theres a planning application with the council at the moment in respect of that site. Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Is that the old Styles house?
    Built by a general who fought at Waterloo and who designed the grounds with trees sited like the troops at said Waterloo?

At least the trees are still standing ;)

A couple of other details here and also a photo I managed to find.

Glenmore_House.jpg

Yeah that's the one alright.

Good stuff outa you Muffler.

I wonder what kind of house this new fella is going to build. Hope it's not one of these new shiney mansion looking things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Damn, I always thought the Big House was in Letterkenny.

Opposite the hospital. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Something looked on fire over that way the other day, maybe it was Mick? We can only hope.

Care to explain what your problem is here? Not really the best place to be going on like this as Glenmore Rivers bring a lot of work to the local business in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Me thinks someone has wrong end of proverbial stick here after getting out of wrong side of proverbial bed.

Care to explain what your problem is here? Not really the best place to be going on like this as Glenmore Rivers bring a lot of work to the local business in the area.

Yes, well clearly I was joking. I apologise if it caused offence but I don't think anyone else took it up that way.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Methinks someone is simply red with annoyance.

Methinks someone is simply red with annoyance.

Tee hee hee :)

Obviously Somthing got him started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Or maybe the money's too tight to mention ....

Anyone who knows me would know I was joking, but.....If you don't know me by now.....you will....never never never know me.

Oh..... It seems we have a few Stars on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just remember - We're in this together

• Advertisement

And every mods motto is "I'll Take Care Of You"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

smashey wrote: »
    Damn, I always thought the Big House was in Letterkenny.

Opposite the hospital. :D

Nope thats the mad house, and even its moved to mountain top :pac::pac:

Slightly worrying the huge knowledge of Simply Red that seems to exist here :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Slightly worrying the huge knowledge of Simply Red that seems to exist here :eek:

Who needs knowledge when Google is so handy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

muffler wrote: »
    Mick did indeed buy a house (new) but its located on the other side of the river and roughly opposite the old house you refer to.

Dont think Mick bought the house, supposed to be one of the other band members

Advertisement