Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Fiction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The "SF Masterworks" imprint is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

'I am Legend' is quiet simply one of the best things I've ever read. Such a shame the film ever had to be made...
    'The Handmaids Tale' by Margaret Atwood is also brilliant, as is 'Flowers for Algernon' by Daniel Keyes. Both were made into films but the books are in my opinion, way way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I'm currently working my way through all of Peter F Hamiltons books. I started off with "Pandora's Star" enjoyed it so much I bought all his other books off ebay.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

other great author's to watch out for are Neal Asher and Alastair Reynolds oh and a must read is Michael Marshall Smiths "spares".
    A great referance guide is The Mammoth books of best new Sci Fi (Ithink they're up to volume 20 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Well Maus by Art Spiegelman; a brillian graphic novel where the mice are jews and the cats are Nazis won the Pulitzer years ago.
    Douglas Adam's a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy deserves numerous awards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Not strictly Sci-Fi, more Speculative Fiction:
    Kit Whitfield - Bareback (how would a society work where most people are werewolves?) published in the US as Benighted
    Jan Mark - Useful Idiots (global warming has happened and Britain has shrunk to various islands)
    Kazuo Ishiguro - Never Let Me Go (clones)
    Nancy Farmer - House of the Scorpion (clones)
    Neal Stephenson - Cryptonicon

Anybody read any of these? I enjoyed them greatly and would like to find some more.....

Advertisement