Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection between support for EU and distaste for democracy

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

getz wrote: »
    i know it isent,but if ireland say no,and there is a good chance they will,after the threats from france/germany . they are only a small player in the EU,and the EU will continue to carry on regardless, it would take one of the larger PAYING IN contributors ;like the UK;, for them to backtrack ,

backtrack from what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

...after the threats from france/germany...

What 'threats'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

meglome wrote: »
    What 'threats'?
    the luxemburge prime minister said,;he was alarmed at the reaction of germany to irelands rejection of the lisbon treaty, it is arrogant to tell the irish that their votes dont count because they are from a small country.france sylve goulard president of the european movement in france,the the irish no,is more scandalous than the french farmers no to brussels, the british foreign minister said ,the irish vote needs to be respected

the luxemburge prime minister said,;he was alarmed at the reaction of germany to irelands rejection of the lisbon treaty, it is arrogant to tell the irish that their votes dont count because they are from a small country.france sylve goulard president of the european movement in france,the the irish no,is more scandalous than the french farmers no to brussels, the british foreign minister said ,the irish vote needs to be respected

Want to supply links to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

meglome wrote: »
    Want to supply links to this?

Or use actual quotes, or even grammar...

• Advertisement

france foreign minister bernard kouchner,,alluded to the irish being ungratefull about what the country has received from the EU since its membership in 1973,the french press, after the initial harsh reaction to the irish ;no;whitch went as far as calls for ireland to be expelled from the block,the debate has now taken a different more conciliatory tone

france foreign minister bernard kouchner,,alluded to the irish being ungratefull about what the country has received from the EU since its membership in 1973,the french press, after the initial harsh reaction to the irish ;no;whitch went as far as calls for ireland to be expelled from the block,the debate has now taken a different more conciliatory tone

I don't see 'threats' from the EU here?

Kouchner, merely expressed an opinion, according to you, and issued no threat.

The 'French Press', who called for Ireland to be expelled, again according to you [no quotes = questionable statements, see] is not France.

Let me ask you this:

If 'The Star' or 'The Daily Irish Mail' say Cowen should go, does that mean the Irish government says it too?

I don't see 'threats' from the EU here?

Kouchner, merely expressed an opinion, according to you, and issued no threat.

The 'French Press', who called for Ireland to be expelled, again according to you [no quotes = questionable statements, see] is not France.

Let me ask you this:

If 'The Star' or 'The Daily Irish Mail' say Cowen should go, does that mean the Irish government says it too?
    despite my anti/EU stance ,i like the EU before it got to deep into politics ,the longer aspirations of the EU is not only to pass laws and tell member states what the can and cannot do,its intention is also to have a armed EU reaction force,with us now having many ex/russian satellite states joining, this will put the EU in direct conflict with russia,all member states will have to supply men and arms,to fight a conflict over ethnic border problem. the irish constitution will not be worth the paper it written on

So do you have a link so I can read what he actually said?

Do you think we're ungrateful after getting 41 billion euro and we're still willing to give the finger to the EU for petty spiteful reasons that have mostly nothing to do with the EU?

despite my anti/EU stance ,i like the EU before it got to deep into politics ,the longer aspirations of the EU is not only to pass laws and tell member states what the can and cannot do,its intention is also to have a armed EU reaction force,with us now having many ex/russian satellite states joining, this will put the EU in direct conflict with russia,all member states will have to supply men and arms,to fight a conflict over ethnic border problem. the irish constitution will not be worth the paper it written on

Why don't you show the things in the Lisbon treaty that would do any of this?

• Advertisement

Very nice for you, but err, what's it got to do with these 'Threats' you were talking about, I've yet to see a single threatening quote?

Advertisement