Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It's not a website or anything, and it's more like one of those things that I fond strange and interesting. I don't know if anyone will agree though.

I think it's amazing that this is the only 30th of December, 2009, that there ever will be or that there ever was. Right now it's 22:50, and this is the only moment that it'll be 22:50 on the 30th of December, 2009.

I don't really know why I'm so fascinated by this little thing. I know you'll all think I'm kinda weird now though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Haven't posted in this thread yet. So here's something my sister showed me on Youtube a while ago (there was a thread about it in Cool Vids & Pics & Links aswell)

This woman is a Ukrainian sand artist and what she can do is incredible. She won a Ukrainian talent show for it. The first one is about the history of Ukraine, and actually moved members of the audience to tears.

Thank you for posting..that just gave me goosebumps it was so good:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jay P wrote: »
    It's not a website or anything, and it's more like one of those things that I fond strange and interesting. I don't know if anyone will agree though.

I think it's amazing that this is the only 30th of December, 2009, that there ever will be or that there ever was. Right now it's 22:50, and this is the only moment that it'll be 22:50 on the 30th of December, 2009.

I don't really know why I'm so fascinated by this little thing. I know you'll all think I'm kinda weird now though!

I used to do this all the time when I was younger. In particular, I recall saying to myself (at about 13) this is the only time I'll ever see this film for the first time. How's that for ahead of my time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I do that too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I used to do this all the time when I was younger. In particular, I recall saying to myself (at about 13) this is the only time I'll ever see this film for the first time. How's that for ahead of my time!

Actually that reminds me of discovering a band for the first time. I always look back at that and think about how I'd love to experience that exact feeling again... Though I always find new bands frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

also did anyone notice nothing else matters in the first one

at 7 mins?

Actually that reminds me of discovering a band for the first time. I always look back at that and think about how I'd love to experience that exact feeling again... Though I always find new bands frequently.

But you know that feeling when you find one of your bands? One of those bands that you just love unconditionally... you'll listen to their entire back catalogue of albums, you'll watch all their inteviews on youtube, you'll know the words to their b-sides? I'll never forget the moments I discovered Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon. Magical moments.

And I've come to the conclusion that my eighth year was my best year...I remember saying to myself.."It won't get much better then this" and so far I was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I've just spent ages reading through this website and following some of the instructions.

Release your inner child

Great craic, the likes of these are to be found! <3
    Gleeking/Gleeting
    Yawn. (no, REALLY yawn), then immediately curl your tongue backwards and force it against the roof of your mouth. The saliva glands under your tongue will squirt like a squirtgun! You can only squirt once or twice before another yawn is required. Also works while eating (or sucking on hard candy.) Practice this in front of a mirror until you can slightly part your lips and silently hit a target with deadly accuracy. Hey! Is it raining in here?
    Two-inch sparks
    Create REALLY BIG "static" sparks: on a winter's day, scuff your feet on the rug so that your body becomes electrified. Now stand near a victim. Wiggle your shoes while pressing on the rug, so that you build up some charged footprints. Now suddenly LEAP INTO THE AIR and touch your victim with your finger at the same time, while you're still in flight. The spark will be much stronger than normal. (It's called "capacitve voltage multiplication." and VandeGraaff generators employ this effect.)
    Burst of flavor
    While reading, eat something. Notice that the flavor vanishes as soon as you get involved with the story you're reading? Now concentrate on your mouth, and the flavor explodes into reality. By concentrating on the text or on your mouth, you can make the flavor flash on and off. WEIRD!

Balloon gyroscope.
    Put a coin inside a balloon, then blow it up and tie it off. Shake it and then swirl the balloon around, and the penny will start rolling around in a circle! It makes a whirring noise and smoothly circulates. Get it going fast, then let it go, and the balloon whirrs and wobbles maniacally.
    Once you get good at spinning the coin, get it going in a vertical circle, and place the balloon gently against one ear. Loud mechanical roaring noise! Do this with TWO balloons at the same time, and put one balloon against each of your ears. It's LOUD, and has stereo effects. Better yet, sneak up behind your victims and put them on THEIR ears. Sounds like UFOs touching down right outside your building.

TWO-LAYER COLA
    Diet drinks will float on full-sugar drinks, but only if you add a layer of crushed ice to disrupt the flow from the spigot. Do this: first add about an inch ice, then fill it half way with normal NON-diet cola, then top it off with a different color of diet drink (such as Lite lemonade, or diet orange, or lemon-lime, etc.) It's like a "Black & Tan" beer! Then you can either drink the first layer and leave the second one, or dip your straw to different levels to drink one layer at a time (and people will see the two colors of beverage going up your clear straw. Strange!) If you use a clear plastic cup, then you can also make subsurface waves that slosh back and forth in slow motion like those blue "ocean wave" paperweight thingies.

*squirt*

AWESOME! :D

bythewoods wrote: »
    I've just spent ages reading through this website and following some of the instructions.

Release your inner child

Great craic, the likes of these are to be found! <3

[/size]

I just did the first one..it works!:D
    I like the sound of the last one aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Gleeking/Gleeting
    Yawn. (no, REALLY yawn), then immediately curl your tongue backwards and force it against the roof of your mouth. The saliva glands under your tongue will squirt like a squirtgun! You can only squirt once or twice before another yawn is required. Also works while eating (or sucking on hard candy.) Practice this in front of a mirror until you can slightly part your lips and silently hit a target with deadly accuracy. Hey! Is it raining in here?
    Always do this by accident when I yawn in school! I get saliva all over my notes/desk. Fair annoying. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

*squirt*

AWESOME! :D

Filthy.

phlegms wrote: »
    Filthy.
    sexual innuendo? ME? Why I never!

www.dothedaft.com

I like these things. :)

What are they? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

This is just scary. Makes you realise how insignificant we are.

13db9ddd.jpg

13db957.jpg

13db967.jpg

13db976.jpg

13db986.jpg

:eek:

What are they? :confused:

I have ninja edited because my first link was a FAIL!

They are daft punk consoles.

Where did I see that recently? Oh, it was in PaC, that's right. We see cool things a few weeks before the unwashed :D

EDIT:

That is all different kinds of awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

[space pics]

:eek:

Will I assume I'm the only one who got distracted by the fact one of those pics said "Uranus" ?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm afraid you will. Don't feel bad though.

Where did I see that recently? Oh, it was in PaC, that's right. We see cool things a few weeks before the unwashed :D

EDIT:

That is all different kinds of awesome.

Aren't ye great with ye're private forums.

I'm totally gonna be like that if I ever become a member of one of the private forums.

Craguls! You know what to do.

2lsf7uf.jpg

This is probably the coolest thing I've seen in ages

Where did I see that recently?

You saw it here recently.....private forum my ass.:p

the evidence is in the thank

This is probably the coolest thing I've seen in ages

Stop it!! :P

No, I saw it in PaC before that. You wouldn't know though ;) It's okay I forgive you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Jako8 wrote: »
    Aren't ye great with ye're private forums.

I'm totally gonna be like that if I ever become a member of one of the private forums.

Craguls! You know what to do.

2lsf7uf.jpg

I wish I wasn't a meme

No, I saw it in PaC before that. You wouldn't know though ;) It's okay I forgive you

Evidence right here Pandacade!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Evidence right here Pandacade!

You're a filthy liar! :D:D:D

Advertisement