Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkie bars and teeth

Options
  • 05-09-2009 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I've noticed for a while now, that when i eat a Yorkie bar, it has a painful effect on my teeth, somewhat similar to the sensation i get when eating ice-cream.

Can anyone shed some light on this? What is in the Yorkie bar that makes my teeth curl up in pain? I dont even have to bite into it, even if I just let it melt i still get the same sensation.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sensitive teeth. Sugary bars sometimes to that to me. Try different bar, it's probably not just Yorkies causing a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye could be because Yorkie bars are quick thick so biting into them exposes your teeth to more sugar with the bite? like if you bit into icecream, whereas smaller bars/or say choc buttons etc, don't reach the base of your tooth to the same effect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye could be because Yorkie bars are quick thick so biting into them exposes your teeth to more sugar with the bite? like if you bit into icecream, whereas smaller bars/or say choc buttons etc, don't reach the base of your tooth to the same effect

I suppose that makes sense, i'm not sensitive to any other chocolate, only these bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Its not for girlsicon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye could be because Yorkie bars are quick thick so biting into them exposes your teeth to more sugar with the bite?
    Yeah, having to bite down so hard could make the nerves in your teeth temporarily more sensitive. So as a test try cutting up the next one so you are not taking monster bites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

newblue08 wrote: »
    Its not for girlsicon10.gif
    Yeah - take a look at the level of calories/fat in it, that's why! :P
    rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, having to bite down so hard could make the nerves in your teeth temporarily more sensitive. So as a test try cutting up the next one so you are not taking monster bites.
    Reason why I said it, is that the base of a lot of my teeth have suddenly gotten sensitive to when sugar hits it, not all stuff, but certain things reach it. Due to apparently my gums being slightly torn/receeded at those spots.

Advertisement