Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair dressers in cork

Options
  • 05-09-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I'm looking for a cheaper hairdresser in cork city. I usually go to peter marks but just wondering if there's somewhere good that's cheaper. All i'm getting done is a trim and layers cut in. I have seem Hair Inc advertising hair cuts for €17.
    Or maybe i would just be better off paying the extra in perer marks. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

they are quite good! why pay more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Cool thanks. Might give it a try. I cant find their number, i assume they work by appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

There's one place which I won't name but it charges crazy prices that are not worth it. You get coffee and all that lark and the guy who owns it thinks he's something. He runs a 'college' and seems to think that you have to pay extra to have the honour of being able to go to his salon.I had my hair cut recently, rather well, for a third of the price he would have charged. Don't get ripped off. Dearest is certainly not always the best.

Johnnyjump wrote: »
    There's one place which I won't name but it charges crazy prices that are not worth it. You get coffee and all that lark and the guy who owns it thinks he's something. He runs a 'college' and seems to think that you have to pay extra to have the honour of being able to go to his salon.I had my hair cut recently, rather well, for a third of the price he would have charged. Don't get ripped off. Dearest is certainly not always the best.

Definately true. Thats why i thought i'd ask for some reccomendations of the people that don't have such a big name but still are good hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Go on, name him. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm looking for a cheaper hairdresser in cork city. I usually go to peter marks but just wondering if there's somewhere good that's cheaper. All i'm getting done is a trim and layers cut in. I have seem Hair Inc advertising hair cuts for €17.
    Or maybe i would just be better off paying the extra in perer marks. Any suggestions? Thanks

Wait..you think 17 euro is a cheap haircut!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I gets mine for 8 euro, lmao.

Yes but ye're probly boys!!! For me €17 is very cheap. I usually pay €50 for what's basically a trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bluebell55

I think I know who ye are referring to. My question is along a similar line- want to get my hair cut and coloured/high-lighted... anyone any recommendations?? I heard Peter Marks can be dodgy too thou.. Or I could just go to the usual salon owned by that guy?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Just wondering if you tried hair inc phi3 and if it was any good? 17e is a really good price!

• Advertisement

mimihops wrote: »
    Just wondering if you tried hair inc phi3 and if it was any good? 17e is a really good price!

No i didn't. Stuck with peter mark this time. Maybe next time. Hair inc are always fairly busy though so i reckon they can't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Think i know who you are talking about too - or maybe there is more than one (!) but he is TOTALLY over rated - way too expensive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Heather1983

I love Hair Inc, I've never been for colour, but for cuts, they are fab, dry cuts are only €17 during the week, but they spray it with water so it's actually wet when cutting, and they blow dry it. My friend once got a wash and cut there, but they washed it, blow dried it, cut it, and blow dried it again. So I don't really see the point in that, anyone can wash their own hair.
    Anyway, have a lots of lovely cuts from them, they always have time to take you, and are very friendly and nice, and not all fake and uppity which is how I percieve most hairdressers. They really help advise you about what would suit/not suit you. I recommend them.
    I wish they'd fix their windows though, they look so cheap and tacky with all that brightly coloured writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Dean820 wrote: »
    I gets mine for 8 euro, lmao.

I pour about 1 cent worth of petrol into the lawnmower...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have a feeling that I used to go to the same place.I went to a small place in a small town recently and can honestly say I got the best cut and colour I ever had for €50 less than normally.

The only difference was the place was less snazzy and the coffee was instant.

Advertisement