Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new cert application and gun club membership

Options
  • 05-09-2009 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All,

Some very basic questions which I am still confused about even having gone through the threads and attached docs.

I am a regular gun club member who shoots vermin and game and is renewing current gun licences.
    1. Am I right in saying that in the application I tick the box in section 1 for a Firearm Cert? (ie not unlimited)
    2. With regard to section 5.2 farm/land details do I leave this blank as I am in a gun club?
    3. There does not seem to be any place to say you are a member of a gun club and can shoot all the lands they have permissions for. Does this not get recorded anymore?

Thanks for the help.

AF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

airy-fairy wrote: »
    Hi All,

Some very basic questions which I am still confused about even having gone through the threads and attached docs.

I am a regular gun club member who shoots vermin and game and is renewing current gun licences.
    1. Am I right in saying that in the application I tick the box in section 1 for a Firearm Cert? (ie not unlimited)
    2. With regard to section 5.2 farm/land details do I leave this blank as I am in a gun club?
    3. There does not seem to be any place to say you are a member of a gun club and can shoot all the lands they have permissions for. Does this not get recorded anymore?
    Thanks for the help.

AF
    You need to read the Garda FAQ on www.garda.ie or it's also linked here. The details of what to do are in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

tick box on section 4.2 of FCA1 form 'other' (specify).
    all details of club membership to be provided on separate sheet.

also see NARGC website, http://www.nargc.ie/site.aspx
    example of completed FCA1 form on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭airy-fairy

Thanks Zulu Dawn.

The NARGC example form is very useful. Everything I needed is there.

All the best

AF.

Advertisement