Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mac makeup reviews

• 05-09-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi im getting my makeup done for my debs in a few weeks in mac just wondering are they good ?? i love mac makeup but im scared about getting it done has any one got theres done there before ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved to own thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

xj.cx wrote: »
    hi im getting my makeup done for my debs in a few weeks in mac just wondering are they good ?? i love mac makeup but im scared about getting it done has any one got theres done there before ???

I've got it done a number of times, most recently last Thurs. The artists are excellent but I would suggest having a clear idea of what you want. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't like what they're doing or want it more this or that. For example, the girl I had on Thurs wasn't doing my eye make up dark enough to I asked her to do it darker. I also asked her to extend the eyeliner flick more and to increase the coverage of the foundation.

You should perhaps read some magazines and look at the make up of celebs and see if you like anything there.

I would recommend getting the false eyelashes, they really glam up your look. Ask them for a natural pair.

Also, don't have the rest of your timetable too tight, they tend to be a bit late starting and finishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I got my make up done for my debs a few years ago in MAC in BT's Grafton St, and I loved it, thought they did a great job!

I think a lot of people are scared to get their make up done in MAC due to many of the artists wearing really heavy make up, and are afraid they'll end up looking orange, but everyone said they did a great job on my make up, i wanted a 1950's style look, pale skin, red lips etc, and they did exactly what I asked, it lasted all night, and the girl that did it was lovely, really friendly.

My sister also got it done their for her debs, and looked amazing too.
    I reccommend that you bring a picture of the look you want, and also schedule your appointment giving you lots of time, they were running late when I got mine done, and I got a bit flustered thinking I was going to be late, but in the end it was fine! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Pythia wrote: »
    I've got it done a number of times, most recently last Thurs. The artists are excellent but I would suggest having a clear idea of what you want. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't like what they're doing or want it more this or that. For example, the girl I had on Thurs wasn't doing my eye make up dark enough to I asked her to do it darker. I also asked her to extend the eyeliner flick more and to increase the coverage of the foundation.

You should perhaps read some magazines and look at the make up of celebs and see if you like anything there.

I would recommend getting the false eyelashes, they really glam up your look. Ask them for a natural pair.

Also, don't have the rest of your timetable too tight, they tend to be a bit late starting and finishing.

Didn't read your post before i replied, totally agree with all of the above, don't be afraid to ask them for changes, and get the lashes, they really complete the look!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xj.cx

thanks that really helped.ye ill definitely bring a photo and definitely am getting fake eye lashes.thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 shoeaholic

Hi

I'm also getting my make up done in MAC this week for a debs, I'm booked in at 2pm but I've made an appointment to get my hair done for 3, am I leaving myself too short on time in between. Getting my hair done on St William St so its not like I have a huge walk!!!
    Oh and does anyone know the price? My friends told me its €25 and you get to use that against any products you buy but I thought that seemed far too cheap!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I had my make up done at a MAC counter once and I really liked it. As long as you tell the make up artist what you want or even show her a picture, it all should go fine. Having my make up done was free 'cause I bought a foundation but I'm not sure if that's still the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I've had my make-up done there a few times and I've always had an idea of what I'm looking for beforehand.
    I'll give them an idea of what sort of look I want and we'll work from there.
    I find it's better than giving them free reign of your face, as you're pretty much be guaranteed to be happy with the end result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

shoeaholic wrote: »
    Hi

I'm also getting my make up done in MAC this week for a debs, I'm booked in at 2pm but I've made an appointment to get my hair done for 3, am I leaving myself too short on time in between. Getting my hair done on St William St so its not like I have a huge walk!!!
    Oh and does anyone know the price? My friends told me its €25 and you get to use that against any products you buy but I thought that seemed far too cheap!?

I had an appointment on Thurs for 2pm. I arrived just after 3.30pm for my hair in the Stephen's Green centre. I would book the hair for 3.30 to be on the safe side. They are very busy with debs at the mo.

It is indeed e25 which is redeemable against products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 shoeaholic

Pythia wrote: »
    I had an appointment on Thurs for 2pm. I arrived just after 3.30pm for my hair in the Stephen's Green centre. I would book the hair for 3.30 to be on the safe side. They are very busy with debs at the mo.

It is indeed e25 which is redeemable against products.

Thanks for the reply! I'm getting mine done on Thurs too so I'll change the hair for half 3 just to be safe! WOW €25 and redeemable some good news about the cost of debs!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xj.cx

does the makeup last long ?? im getting mine done at 2 will it last til the night???

Advertisement