Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Classes

Options
  • 05-09-2009 12:51pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking into some night classes at the moment. Russian is the language I want to learn but I'm interested in the experiences of people who have learned any language in Dublin.
    The thing is I've done many night classes in the past and usually they are about having fun, speaking a few simple sentences etc. Now I would like more serious classes and I don't know how to figure out which are which!
    I'm looking at a course in Trinity which I'm guessing would be quite serious, but it's for 9 months and I'm not good with commitment. Then there are Languagewise and Sandford but I want to know do they do grammar, expect us to learn between classes and stuff. I did a year of Arabic and never got past the basics because the teacher presumed none of us had learned anything at home and so kept repeating!

Any ideas people?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Well tbh you wont be able to learn Russian without commitment!! I'd say the Russian course in trinity would be the best.

I'm going to trinity to learn Russian but as an undergraduate.

Edit: This wasnt the most helpful reply was it:pac::) sry!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ah well it's nice to get a reply anyway!
    I do realise it'll take comitment, what I really meant is that I may be offered a contract away from Dublin after Christmas so it might be best to sign up for something more short term.
    Best of luck with your course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

dory wrote: »
    Ah well it's nice to get a reply anyway!
    I do realise it'll take comitment, what I really meant is that I may be offered a contract away from Dublin after Christmas so it might be best to sign up for something more short term.
    Best of luck with your course!

O right didnt know that sorry!!

Ye really lookin forward to my course and hope you get your contract.

and support the Russian forum:):):)!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I think if you contact the Russian Department and explain your situation they may let you join the class for a term, obviously the price would be higher per class than if you were doing the whole thing. It depends on how many are in the class at the moment, it probably started a few weeks ago. Anyway, when I was in it people joined one term in (they'd done some before) and I'm sure they weren't paying for the full year.

Advertisement