Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up for Teenagers: Products/Brands etc?

• 05-09-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    My little sister is turning 14 soon, she has very clear, pale skin, but really wants to start wearing make up, as all her friends are...They all look absolutely caked, really orange foundation, heavy eyeshadows/liner etc, so she's asked for my advice, thankfully!

I don't want to ruin her skin, so I'm basically looking to buy a few good quality basics, i.e. a very light coverage foundation or tinted moisturiser, some subtle eye shadows, a blush/highlighter and a mascara.
    I usually use MAC, but would there be any other brands or any particular that might be better for young skin?
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭milktwosugars

Go for the light tinted moisturiser by benefit or a no 7 foundation called intelligent colour. They will give the skin a nice glow without a huge amount of coverage. If she's lucky enough to go through her teen years without much spots, definitely go for it. Some type of coverstick/ concealer, like rimmel just for under the eyes, nose for definition, etc. A few licks of mascara...maybe try no.7 again. They seem to be easier to use for when you start out. Mascara's like Maybelline green and pink, although very good, can clump easily and cause alot of flakes for a 14 year old gal! A nice light peach blush, or light pink is great for her colouring...you can go cheap on these. It's not necessary to spend a bomb on it...in my opinion of course! If she's going out at night (teen disco, cinema, etc) try convincing her to keep the make up light and do her eyes slightly smoky with a good black max factor liner- Draw and Smudge!- and a soft eyeshadow to compliment her tone...I'm suggesting a shimmery mauve if I have her skin tone right in my head! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

You could get her a Bobbi Brown book, she has one specifically for young teens, and it's about how to bring out your best features, skin care and light, natural-looking make up to suit your eyes, hair and skin. You can use way less make up if you know how to use it properly.

How about getting lashes tinted instead of wearing heavy mascara? That's what I always did because we weren't allowed make up in school, and I'm very fair. I love benefit lip and cheek stain. Lovely pretty pink glow. Suits pale English-Rose type skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

sorry guys, only got online now, so only after seeing your recommendations, thanks a mill for the help!
    In the end, I got her a tube of the new tinted moisturiser from MAC in a lovely pale shade, which she loved and looks really pretty and natural on her.

I also picked up the Benefit Bad Gal kit in BT's - you got a cute benefit plastic make up bag, Bad Gal eyeliner, Bad Gal mascara, A little sampler bottle of Benetint and a pink leather mirror & cover and a tin of Dr. Feelgood (which I kept for myself.. :) ).. The whole kit was worth 90euro, but it was on promotion for 90euro,,,bargain!!

RE the Bobby Brown Book, I got it as a present when I was a teen, it's really great, so I passed it on to her, she's facinated by it, hopefully it'll keep her tango-free!!!

Advertisement