Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Self-Portrait With Ground Squirrel" - Real or Fake?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

It's gotten a lot of press this photo. I'd say it's real, assuming something like a 10 second self timer was used.

Gotta love the name of the lake, 'Lake Minnewanka'.

God I'm immature...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I dont think its fake, but I'd say its 100% staged

They're not in a good spot for a photo of themselves, and the focus on the squirrel is perfect

Still, its purdy amazo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Its real, 100%

And I'd say its a mix between being staged and pure luck.

If you actually read the article, it says
    her husband held the remote shutter release.

so I'd say they setup the shot and then along came the squirell and the waited for him to stand then shot.

I seriously doupt he just popped up as the photo was being took

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

My experience with Californian ground squirrels has taught me that those furred devils have no fear. Columbian squirrels cannot be much different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What's even better is now there's some website where you can "squirrel-ify" your photos.

Real or not, staged or genuine, it's a funny shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

real, no doubt about, autofocus would explain the focus ...

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Everyone knows that squirrels love cameras. Here's one of mine:
    3608195834_b2633e7986.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

TJM wrote: »
    Everyone knows that squirrels love cameras. Here's one of mine:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/3608195834_b2633e7986.jpg

Thats not a camera :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

The second i saw the photo,I thought it's a fake,Thought a shot like that would be MF'd on a selftimer,Didn't read any of the description

Assumed one of them set the camera on a tripod to take a landscape and the squirrel popped up in front and they decided to make this image by taking another with them in the backrgounf,But then i read it was a remote shutter meaning it could of autofocused,I think it's actually real..

Advertisement