Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a card to pay for stuff online

Options
  • 05-09-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hi there

ive never had a bank card. always been a cash in hand man but i want to get a simple card that i can use to buy things online such as flights/holidays etc

i also want to be able to take money from an atm machine to save me the bother of carrying cash and also i would like to use the card to pay for things when you go into a shop

im not looking a credit card tho. i just want a card where if i go into the bank and deposit 1,000euro then i will have 1,000 to spend and if that runs out i then have to top up the account again

whats my best options?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The only bank offering such cards at the moment is Halifax. They have a visa debit card which just works like a visa credit card but the money directly comes out of your current account. I'm very happy with them. You can apply for their current account online and send in the documentation or just drop into their branch.

Other banks are thinking of bringing in a card like this soon but at the moment they just have a laser card which has many restrictions for buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

You beat me to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Have a look at this. Its only recently launched.

http://www.payzonemoney.ie/

This could sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Ulster Bank is going to be issung Visa Debit cards this month according to this article

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭RandomRetard

This looks great thanks
    jaffa20 wrote: »
    The only bank offering such cards at the moment is Halifax. They have a visa debit card which just works like a visa credit card but the money directly comes out of your current account. I'm very happy with them. You can apply for their current account online and send in the documentation or just drop into their branch.

Other banks are thinking of bringing in a card like this soon but at the moment they just have a laser card which has many restrictions for buying online.

same to you

This could sort you out.

only problem with that is i need a card to buy it:) but it does look good
    Ogham wrote: »
    Ulster Bank is going to be issung Visa Debit cards this month according to this article

will take a look at this also

only problem with that is i need a card to buy it:) but it does look good.

Er.... No you dont. I have a pile of them on the counter in front of me in my shop.

You give me 6 euro, and I give you the card. You have to do this and that to top it up but not by card.

Payzone agents should have them, I do anyway.

*Mod Note* I am an agent but am not looking for business, just to inform the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Good thread lookin for exact same thing .. Any word on aib launching one of these cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

This could sort you out.
    is that just like an 3v card

Like a 3v card but is a physical credit card and it can be used in ATM machines.

• Advertisement

Like a 3v card but is a physical credit card and it can be used in ATM machines.

and just to be 100% sure i can defo buy stuff online with this? flights etc

if you cant mention the name of the shop then can you pm me. i assume its like centra or some places like that?

this would save alot of hassle as i can just topup the card in shops

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It works exactly the same online as any other credit card does, apart from the fact you can only spend money that you've topped it up with :)

Most Payzone shops should have it. (The ones with the pink signage). As previously mentioned, I am not touting for business, but will send you my shop details in case you are in the area.

Check out your local Spar/Londis/Centra. Not all stores may have them in stock though.

pm replied to

thanks again

Advertisement