Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sincere Apology to John Weafer.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i'm sure he could get in contact with him easily enough. i'm just curious about the motivation for apologising on boards when no one here witnessed, was offended by or was even aware of what happened. just seems a bit strange.

imo

GallawayAttentionWhore.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

NickyOD wrote: »
    Last Night at the filming of the Late Night Stars of Poker I put my foot in my mouth in a big way and offended John Weafer in one of the worst ways possible.

John and his friends were understandably more than a little upset as I would have been in the same situation so I want to publicly apologise to John and his friends for an extremely tactless and stupid comment on my part.

John has always been nothing but a gent whenever I've been at the table with him so I was completely out of order.

Sometimes things come across in completely the wrong way that you intended them to and there's no way of taking it back particularly with alcohol involved (not that it's any excuse!) so I want it to clarify here publicly that accusations that were made last night were my fault but absolutely not my intention.

Nicky.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Guilty! Japanese chicks are the nuts.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

i would like to take this opportunity to apologies to my brother.
    he has been nothing but brotherly to me over my life time and a few years ago ,whilst being a little drunk ,i said some things to him that i prob shouldn't have.(don’t remember what exactly but that's not the point).
    i dont think he even reads boards but just incase,im really sorry bro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

I cheated on my bird.

Sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭smcb

When I moved out of the family home aged 18 and you cleaned out my old room top to bottom, it wasn't vomit (as i had suggested) that had hardened and stuck to the skirting board beside my bed.

Sorry Mum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I cheated on my bird.

Sorry

It's ok, she was busy aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

I broke the dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I lied down on the couch with the back of my laptop facing my gf so I could look at that gif again. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

I ate a red candle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Time for a new approach Nicky

motivator0438e82a07bdf6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

I think this thread has served it's purpose and then some. (some nice pics though)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

^^^^

Yeah your right.
    Now. I feel like I need to go buy some Solar Gard.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

big_iain wrote: »
    I think this thread has served it's purpose and then some. (some nice pics though)

The only thing we need to know now (apart from the thing that needed apologising for) is whether the apology is set in stone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah i reckon the thread should be locked up too.

What Nicky said about Johnny was bang out of order and i dont understand why a thread was started that would leave you open to ridicule.

I wouldn't expect SpoofingJam to reply in this thread, because if i was in his shoes, i wouldn't accept the apology, or buy that it was alcohol fuelled. Everyone i know, has nothing but respect for Johnny as a person and a poker player so the bs that was spouted was as low as its comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Flushdraw wrote: »

What Nicky said about Johnny was bang out of order and i dont understand why a thread was started that would leave you open to ridicule.

I wouldn't expect SpoofingJam to reply in this thread, because if i was in his shoes, i wouldn't accept the apology, or buy that it was alcohol fuelled. Everyone i know, has nothing but respect for Johnny as a person and a poker player so the bs that was spouted was as low as its comes.

Jaysus tony spit it out, what did he say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I heard it was along the lines of John W told tony that he should grow the moustache, and that it doesn't look anything like the guys fom Harry Enfield. Nicky pointed out the comparison to Mr Weafer and well...tempers flared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Yeah its hard to take what is obviously a very heart felt apology genuinly when we dont know what was even said.
    Insert fevered attempts to stop stiffled laughter while munching on popcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

is it available for download on itunes or has it been edited out?

dont know what has been said etc but as Tony says - Johnny is a top bloke.

Tony,

I agree with you on some respects. This thread has gone on too long. What was said was in public and the apology made on a public forum.

I guess it is up to John and Nicky to sort out there sh1t if there is any.
    I am guessing that the matter was sorted out on the night and that it is over with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

just let Goughy sort it out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Tony,

I agree with you on some respects. This thread has gone on too long. What was said was in public and the apology made on a public forum.

I guess it is up to John and Nicky to sort out there sh1t if there is any.
    I am guessing that the matter was sorted out on the night and that it is over with.

Yeah Iain, if it was sorted out on the night, then there was no need for the thread. Just because it was said in public, doesn't mean that an apology thread was needed on boards because all it has done, is allow people to speculate what was said, which is not good for Johnny or Nicky.

IMO Nicky should have contacted Johnny privately through phonecall/text/facebook if he wished to apologise while not under the influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

The bs that was spouted was as low as its comes.

Can somebody ban Flushdraw for being a tease! Sharing is caring baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Funny thing that Alcohol :eek:

Yeah Iain, if it was sorted out on the night, then there was no need for the thread. Just because it was said in public, doesn't mean that an apology thread was needed on boards because all it has done, is allow people to speculate what was said, which is not good for Johnny or Nicky.

IMO Nicky should have contacted Johnny privately through phonecall/text/facebook if he wished to apologise while not under the influence.

Nicky would have not have posted his apology unless he felt it was right to do so. Even with it being settled ont he night.

With hindsight a call would have been better imo. But it is done. And there has been enough said.

5starpool wrote: »
    The only thing we need to know now (apart from the thing that needed apologising for) is whether the apology is set in stone yet?

I do not know is the answer. I believe it was sorted out on the night.

On a side note:

Could make for a great heads up match though. (I will handle the TV Rights lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Nod : So Johnny do you think the game was TD'd correctly
    JW : I thought we came here to talk about poker
    N'od: Well did you think the ruling in your favour was correct
    JW : Did YOU think it was Nicky?
    NOD : It did look a little dodgy
    JW :That's just a silly question, there were many decisions in the game, did you analyse them HUH?
    NOD : don't be such a Culchie
    JW : take that back.
    NOD : Culchie, Culchie Culchie
    JW :That is the lowest thing you can say about anyone.
    NOD : GULP! Sorry it's the West Coast Cooler gone to me head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Gonna need a PM Tony............!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Probably not the best group of lads on the poker circuit to choose to have a barney with imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Nicky would have not have posted his apology unless he felt it was right to do so. Even with it being settled ont he night.

With hindsight a call would have been better imo. But it is done. And there has been enough said.

To be honest Iain this should have been handle between Nicky and Johnny and not brought onto a public forum, I don't know what Nicky was trying to achieve by this, but he's made the matter worse and drawn more attention to himself. (maybe thats what he wants).

I've also listen to some of you're podcasts and I feel Nicky as been name bashing people a bit to much which isn't nice. Maybe a course in tack is required. People work very hard to have a good reputation.

On a closing point, you couldn't meet a nicer guy then Johnny and his mates. And from what I read I don't think a public or private apology is enough in relation to whatever was said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement