Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sincere Apology to John Weafer.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

mdwexford wrote: »
    To read and learn.

Or maybe to laugh at the retardations.

Irony in print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

NickyOD wrote: »
    ...so I want to publicly apologise to John and his friends for an extremely tactless and stupid comment on my part....
    Flushdraw wrote: »
    Can we sticky this thread for name calling/abuse/threats/confrontations/grudge matches etc?

[ ] Apology thread working out as planned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Irony in print.

You just got........

pwned-facekick_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

mdwexford wrote: »
    You just got........

pwned-facekick_medium.jpg

I would deffo not have agreed to that kick beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

big_iain wrote: »
    I don't want to harbour on this and would wish the mods would lock this thread before things get out of hand.
    It won't be locked to protect the OP, he chose to start the thread and take the thing public and it's too late to take it back now.

HOWEVER, if the name calling, veiled threats etc. continues I'll be locking the thread up with a ban or 2 handed out. I won't ban anyone yet, but sickpuppy could be banned for threatening behaviour and hotspur could be banned for personal abuse, but since both are giving and receiving I'll leave it be for now.

If it goes on I will ban and lock the thread though. There won't be any kind of Thunderdome sticky here I'm afraid, no matter how great said thread would be. There is however an entire forum for that kind of stuff here all you gotta do is post in it somewhere and people can say what they like about you then.

If someone wants to let us know what was said by Nicky please feel free to share, by the sounds of things it was said in a public arena and also the apology was issued in a public arena hence I don't see anything wrong with letting people know what Nicky felt the need to apologise for here, he obviously was drunk, regrets what he said and didn't intend it in how they ended coming out.

TBH though this thread has very little life in it unless there's something to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

hotspur wrote: »
    Well since this thread has been distinctly lacking in popcorn eating worthiness...

Just so there's no ambiguity - I'm calling you a sad, pathetic little racist. You shouldn't even be allowed the privilege of posting on this forum anymore after your recent disgusting racist rant. Unless you're leveling you're the f***ing dregs of society.

As tilting as it is knowing there are scumbag racists like you out there, I really wish I didn't have to read your crap here. I don't know if you walk around with an angry little head on you all the time, or if only emerges when you drink a whole bottle of whiskey, but even DBC was only a harmless idiot.

And for anyone who doesn't read the BBV and is wondering why a reasonable person such as myself would take such a harsh view of this worthless toerag, this is who he is when he's not abusing the Irish travelling community every other post:

I have no problem you saying what you want behind a screen and i dont have an angry head nor am i a bully.

But if your man enough to say it online say it to my face is all im asking and dont be working yourself up into a rage.

Im sure i could trawl through your many posts and dig up some great stuff about fcuking underage looking girls sure thats just harmless fun isent it.

I have no problem backing up my claims about Roma gypsys or fake asylum seekers to anyone but you have crossed the line saying i was abused etc.

I think it would be best if we didnt converse anymore for both our sakes
    or you can keep ranting about me the balls in your court but id ask you to just drop it.

Any more defamation may result in me crying into my pillow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Ste05 wrote: »

If someone wants to let us know what was said by Nicky please feel free to share, by the sounds of things it was said in a public arena and also the apology was issued in a public arena hence I don't see anything wrong with letting people know what Nicky felt the need to apologise for here, he obviously was drunk, regrets what he said and didn't intend it in how they ended coming out.

TBH though this thread has very little life in it unless there's something to discuss.

That's it, bring it out further. Encourage peoples reputations to be harmed. Smart move there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Don't know what he said to or about John, but you'd be hard pushed to meet a sounder bloke on the poker circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

In all fairness, not having what was said released is just going to spark rumors and speculation, and possibly end up with some thing more offensive 'supposedly' said.

Also, if OP decided to post an apology here, I'm sure he would have anticipated that everyone one would want to know what was said and they are entitled to ask since it was posted here.

I think he shouldn't have posted here in the first place, but it was obvious that since he did, he would be asked to explain what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

That's it, bring it out further. Encourage peoples reputations to be harmed. Smart move there.

lol are you Nickys bodyguard?

He started the thread which was stupid in the first place, it was obviously going to be discussed here.

• Advertisement

This is a nonsense post to be fair.

The overwhelming majority of people here have no idea what was said. So far as I can see nobody's reputation has been tarnished at all other than Nicky looking a bit of a prat for apologising in this particular manner when there were far better methods available to him.

The reaction of most posters to this thread is perfectly natural to be honest. It ranks somewhere just above giving a bald man a comb in the pantheon of useless endeavours. If Nicky wanted to apologise publicly that's fine, but if the whole thing would never have been seen by the general public then surely his public apology only serves to heighten interest in what the hell he was apologising for in the first place, thereby doing nothing to diffuse the situation, but rather drawing a large and unnecessary amount of attention to something which could have been dealt with personally, privately, and without the world at large being made aware of it.

The entire purpose of this thread stinks to be honest. I don't see the point of it and either Nicky made 2 mistakes (saying what he said and apologising in this manner) or he made no mistake at all and this is all some convoluted publicity stunt. In either case it's a totally pointless thread in which nothing constructive has been said whatsoever and nobody's reputation has been tarnished other than, possibly, sickpuppy and hotspur, but that's another matter entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

sickpuppy wrote: »
    or you can keep ranting about me the balls in your court but id ask you to just drop it.
    Please both do this. I really don't want to ban either of you, but I will if it goes on.
    big_iain wrote:
    No reputations can be harmed, any damage done has already been done publicly, anyone that knows the 2 people will already know what was said through the grapevine or by PM. Nicky felt the need to publicly apologise for comments he made while drunk, he's now taken them back, and apologised for them, therefore no damage can be done. Everyone does stupid things when drunk.

That's the end of that discussion, if you have a problem with my modding PM me or start a thread in Helpdesk or Feedback.

Let's just let the thread die naturally please.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Any more defamation may result in me crying into my pillow.

Ugh, being reasonable...you must be a hell of a poker player, I sure as hell didn't see that move coming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Sorry Ian he chose to post on a public forum and damage his own reputation... his problem imo.
    Johnny is one of the soundest blokes you can meet across the felt so not sure what Nickys beef with him is but pretty idiotic posting on a public forum for all to see and flame!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

good man DBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

My last comment on this thread.

I do not endorse or condone Nicky putting up this thread and i agree with most of the posters regarding it being made in public. It should have been handled by phone, txt, msn, facebook or carrier pidgeon but not in public.

However, even though it was, and a bad idea, it should not go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Thread should be ended with Nicky himself coming back and explaining what exactly happened. Instead of all this speculation..

Come on Nicky.. grow some!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

omg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

i never made reference to John weafer in anyway Ted all our lives are in danger smoking drinking high blood pressure many things which may shorten our life span and Ted you really have a cock of the highest order.

FYP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

<3 these threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I have no problem backing up my claims about Roma gypsys or fake asylum seekers to anyone
    Just don't make them in the first place or if you are going to put the country to rights why not throw in the fat cat bankers and bent politicians for abuse. Maybe for balance you could have a go at all the illegal Irish in the US.

I experienced this latent racism in Germany first hand in the late eighties as a young Irish man. Remember ‘No dogs, no Irish’.

Keep this racist crap off the boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

It ranks somewhere just above giving a bald man a comb in the pantheon of useless endeavours.

LOL, you do know that Nicky's bald Keith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Wombatman wrote: »
    Just don't make them in the first place or if you are going to put the country to rights why not throw in the fat cat bankers and bent politicians for abuse. Maybe for balance you could have a go at all the illegal Irish in the US.

I experienced this latent racism in Germany first hand in the late eighties as a young Irish man. Remember ‘No dogs, no Irish’.

Keep this racist crap off the boards.

Will ya come off it comparing the irish who went to work in europe and the people who intentionally come to scam in ireland is not right.

I lived in Germany and Holland myself for 4 years in the late 90s and saw so called integration would you say the Turkish community has been well integrated into german society?

I never saw no dogs no irish myself but some lovely german was complaining about irish people once and i asked him where did the 6million jews go and that shut him up.

Id love some mob justice for the robbing fcukers who have drove us into the economic mire because theres no way that the courts will deal with them in a way where justice would be served.

The problem with racism and debates about it means no politician will touch it with a barge pole its a very touchey subject and one ill not be commenting on again.

The real issue here anyhow is what did Nicky O d say

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Will ya come off it comparing the irish who went to work in europe and the people who intentionally come to scam in ireland is not right.

I lived in Germany and Holland myself for 4 years in the late 90s and saw so called integration would you say the Turkish community has been well integrated into german society?

I never saw no dogs no irish myself but some lovely german was complaining about irish people once and i asked him where did the 6million jews go and that shut him up.

Id love some mob justice for the robbing fcukers who have drove us into the economic mire because theres no way that the courts will deal with them in a way where justice would be served.

The problem with racism and debates about it means no politician will touch it with a barge pole its a very touchey subject and one ill not be commenting on again.

The real issue here anyhow is what did Nicky O d say

Do you actually believe in the ****e that you write, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

To be honest Iain, Nicky made the comments which are a total **** disgrace in a very very public place and Nicky posted this stupid thread and didn't have the balls to face the situation. Since he start the thread and made the whole matter even more public then this thread can only be closed by one person and thats not Nicky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Ste05 wrote: »
    It won't be locked to protect the OP, he chose to start the thread and take the thing public and it's too late to take it back now.

HOWEVER, if the name calling, veiled threats etc. continues I'll be locking the thread up with a ban or 2 handed out. I won't ban anyone yet, but sickpuppy could be banned for threatening behaviour and hotspur could be banned for personal abuse, but since both are giving and receiving I'll leave it be for now.

If it goes on I will ban and lock the thread though. There won't be any kind of Thunderdome sticky here I'm afraid, no matter how great said thread would be. There is however an entire forum for that kind of stuff here all you gotta do is post in it somewhere and people can say what they like about you then.

If someone wants to let us know what was said by Nicky please feel free to share, by the sounds of things it was said in a public arena and also the apology was issued in a public arena hence I don't see anything wrong with letting people know what Nicky felt the need to apologies for here, he obviously was drunk, regrets what he said and didn't intend it in how they ended coming out.

It wasn't said in a public arena. It was said to one person then that person then made it public.

At the time my intentions were completely honorable but before I realised how wrong what I said was, it was too late, the damage had been done and I'd unintentionally offended and implicated people for no good reason.

What was said is not going to be revealed here. If people think that's for my benefit then they're wrong. The only person who is going to look bad from this thread is me (obviously) and that's how it should stay.

I did try to apologise to John immediately on the night, but I was asked to leave the building soon after. I also sent him a PM looking for his phone number. It's up to him if he wants to hear from me.

If people think I posted the apology as some sort of damage limitation or because of some other motive I don't care. At the end of the day it's me who has to get pummelled by the rotten tomatoes but unlike half the children in this thread I never do it from behind a cloak of anonymity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Sickpuppy are you like 60 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Nicky is just jealous of John's luscious flowing locks:

nicky_odonnell.jpg

John%20Weafer.jpg

Yeah I do, hoped someone would get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

NickyOD wrote: »
    It wasn't said in a public arena. It was said to one person then that person then made it public.

At the time my intentions were completely honorable but before I realised how wrong what I said was, it was too late, the damage had been done and I'd unintentionally offended and implicated people for no good reason.

What was said is not going to be revealed here. If people think that's for my benefit then they're wrong. The only person who is going to look bad from this thread is me (obviously) and that's how it should stay.

I did try to apologise to John immediately on the night, but I was asked to leave the building soon after. I also sent him a PM looking for his phone number. It's up to him if he wants to hear from me.

If people think I posted the apology as some sort of damage limitation or because of some other motive I don't care. At the end of the day it's me who has to get pummelled by the rotten tomatoes but unlike half the children in this thread I never do it from behind a cloak of anonymity.

Lets lock this thread so.

If John (or anyone else that was involved) wants a right to reply then contact any of the mods by PM and we can reopen it for the reply

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement