Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE to show Italy v Bulgaria qualifier live on Wednesday night

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Italy haven't lost at home in a competitive in 10 years to the week.

Every one they don't lose brings 'em closer to the one they do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

syngindub wrote: »
    7:30 according to the beeb

Jesus you only need to look at the petty moaning already in this topic.

Imagine if there was a valid reason to moan that coverage started 10 mins after kick off:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

anything other than a draw and I think our chances of qualifying go way down! bulgaria win and they are right back in it, italy win and its likely to be the play offs. If the play offs were one match like a cup final, we may be ok, but over 2 legs against one of the better sides, i wouldnt fancy us at the moment, that said there may be one or two fairly weak sides in the play offs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pirlo expected to be dropped for De Rossi after such a long run of poor form.

Probable teams according to Gazzetta.

Italy (4-3-3):
    GK - Buffon; LB - Grosso, CD - Chiellini, CD - Cannavaro, RB - Zambrotta; CM - De Rossi, CM - Marchisio, CM - Camoranesi; SC - Pepe, SC - Gilardino, SC - Iaquinta

Bulgaria (4-4-2): GK - Ivankov; LB - Milanov, CD - Stoyanov, CD - Angelov, RB - Manolev; ML - M.Petrov, MC - St. Petrov, MC - Yankov, MR - Kishishev; SC - Rangelov, SC - Berbatov.

Let's hope for yellow cards to Grosso, Chiellini and Cannavaro and they'll miss the Ireland match (Cameranesi and Iaquinta too but I don't mind Iaquinta playing against us).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Any of the Bulgarians play in Italy or run any businesses in Italy:D Hopefully Bulgaria win and we win our final two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Bojinov is playing for Parma, he's probably gotten the phonecall from Burlesconi!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Probable teams according to Gazzetta.

Italy (4-3-3):
    GK - Buffon; LB - Grosso, CD - Chiellini, CD - Cannavaro, RB - Zambrotta; CM - De Rossi, CM - Marchisio, CM - Camoranesi; SC - Pepe, SC - Gilardino, SC - Iaquinta
    I'm not a fan of that formation at all. It's awful narrow.
    Let's hope for yellow cards to Grosso, Chiellini and Cannavaro and they'll miss the Ireland match (Cameranesi and Iaquinta too but I don't mind Iaquinta playing against us).
    It would be nice for them to be missing Cameranesi. I don't really rate him but I think they rely on his energy a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Italy (4-3-3):
    Wow, 7 Juve players and 1 former Juve player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of that formation at all. It's awful narrow.

Huh? Grosso and Zambrotta will work up the wings. Pepe and Iaquinta will also work wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

its a must win game for Bulgaria to have any hope of making the world cup.
    Italy know win or draw this and the pressure is on against Ireland.
    Pressure on both teams.

Cant see the match being a classic to be honest, if italy score first i'll prob end up watching Scotland v Holland..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any Blugarian players play for Milan?:P

Advertisement