Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any yes voters out there who DO value national sovereignty / democracy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I think the majority of people have an incorrect idea of what democracy and sovereignty are. They view it from a platonic/euclidean lens where perfect templates of objects exist. Most would hold in their heads an idea of a perfect democratic system or perfect form of sovereignty and they would use these ideas as benchmark against which to measure the current model and extrapolate from that any perceived imperfections which requiring correction. They focus on achieving their perfect models which they hold as sacred and loose track of the original reason for their existence in the first place. Democracy and sovereignty in effect become quasi religious icons to be worshipped.

My view is completely different. In reality there is no perfect system which is the epitome of democracy or sovereignty, they are a loose evolving set of ideas or instruments which have one single purpose; to accommodate and satisfy the needs of society. They adapt and change to the social environment and take on different meanings reflecting the perspective separate individuals and groups. They are artificial and as such are driven by our needs and wants and reflect our ideas and perceptions, and change when we change.

To think of a perfect blueprint for democracy and sovereignty and then attempt to create it is an error in thinking for no such blueprint exists. Our needs and wants are the proprietors of democracy and sovereignty and are the only things that really exist. The only way we can get close to an ideal version of democracy and sovereignty is to forget about the blueprint and concentrate what what really exist, our needs and wants. We have to slowly through trial and error figure out what best satisfies our needs and wants, keeping what works and discarding the rest.

So getting back to the original question. I do value democracy and sovereignty in so far as they serve the needs and wants of society, but I don't hold in my minds eye a perfect sacred vision of either.

So is it a step towards that or not?

I cannot deny if a federal government is considered the epitome of a united supranational entity and if national isolation is considered the epitome of sovereignty, both being opposite ends of a continuing spectrum, then Lisbon is undoubtedly a step in the direction of a federal government. But lets not get confused, a step is just that, one single solitary step, it's not a journey. It's does even signify an intention to continue towards federal state, Lisbon could be the final step if that is what the majority wants, considering the growing amount of resistance to closer integration with every successive treaty I would think Lisbon is likely to be the end point for a at least the next few decades. The assumption that a step towards federalism will inevitably end in federalism is completely unfounded and is simple paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm not suggesting that everyone is a fanatic, obviously that's ridiculous. What I am saying is that most of the yes voters who have engaged with my fears about a federalist Europe have argued not that Lisbon won't take away our sovereignty, but that "the nation state isn't so great either", "why does democracy have to be national?", "Well it's a good thing if the morons in our government have less power" etc. Basically, no one has argued that Lisbon will not erode the Irish citizens' control over their country, but that the question is irrelevant since having direct control over our country just isn't that important.

I'm asking if there are any republicans / nationalists here who think it's important we should absolutely have our own democratic nation state, and that voting yes will not change this.

I've seen most of the main Yes campaigners in here say they would not accept a federalist Europe and I feel the same way. Sharing certain set things with our EU neighbours personally suits me fine, and I believe it is for the good of the country.

I keep hearing how we'll lose sovereignty to the EU. But not once has anyone pointed out where the EU has ever forced any EU country to do anything. The EU work through negotiation so at any time if we feel things have moved too far we can stop.

It is our football but I have no issue if we play a few games on the same team as the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

pjproby wrote: »
    "I would hate if a certain Country who failed to dominate Europe by war twice has found a back door to achieve the same objective by treatys."

which neatly brings us back to the original purpose of the Common Market/EU

these are the most peaceful decades in European history.

Apart from the Bosnian/Serb/Croat wars, they have been peaceful despite the EU. But we now see the beginnings of the consequences of mass muslim immigration into europe. Our children will suffer because of our liberal decadence in a clash of civilisations which we can only hope will not rival WW2. With Turkey waiting in the wings, the problem of immigration will move from one of containment to the full scale clash we all fear. For the liberal elites in europe, to question their immigration policies is to question a liberals essence hence the debate is out of bounds with accusations of racism by the yes side. It's the only way they can win, and I think they will.

eamo12 wrote: »
    Apart from the Bosnian/Serb/Croat wars, they have been peaceful despite the EU. But we now see the beginnings of the consequences of mass muslim immigration into europe. Our children will suffer because of our liberal decadence in a clash of civilisations which we can only hope will not rival WW2. With Turkey waiting in the wings, the problem of immigration will move from one of containment to the full scale clash we all fear. For the liberal elites in europe, to question their immigration policies is to question a liberals essence hence the debate is out of bounds with accusations of racism by the yes side. It's the only way they can win, and I think they will.

That sounds eerily reminiscent of Charles Manson's 'helter skelter'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

sink wrote: »
    I cannot deny if a federal government is considered the epitome of a united supranational entity and if national isolation is considered the epitome of sovereignty, both being opposite ends of a continuing spectrum, then Lisbon is undoubtedly a step in the direction of a federal government. But lets not get confused, a step is just that, one single solitary step, it's not a journey. It's does even signify an intention to continue towards federal state, Lisbon could be the final step if that is what the majority wants, considering the growing amount of resistance to closer integration with every successive treaty I would think Lisbon is likely to be the end point for a at least the next few decades. The assumption that a step towards federalism will inevitably end in federalism is completely unfounded and is simple paranoia.

I would have to agree with that. Personally I see the areas that move to QMV in Lisbon as an extension of Nice but I agree that there will be a limit set by us and it could well be Lisbon, or the Treaty after this.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

"Apart from the Bosnian/Serb/Croat wars"

they were not part of the European union at that time

which only goes to emphasize the point

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

If we vote yes, then we will never get the chance to vote again. Read Declaration 17 which states EU law will have primacy over Irish law. So, to answer your question, it is not possible to value our sovereignty and vote yes. Lisbon is a way fro the politicans to pass the buck to faceless EU beaurocrats while living it up in the expense ridden Brussles gravy train.

Declarations aren't legally binding - that particular Declaration is merely noting the existing situation, which is that it is accepted by all the EU member states that EU law has precedence over national law in the case of a clash in an area of EU competence.

This has been the case since Costa vs. ENEL in 1964. Do not continue to try and tout this as something new.

regards,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This deserves its own separate thread and I might make one for it tomorrow, but for now - everyone has been asking for an example of the EU forcing us to do something detrimental to our country. Here you go.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0901/1224253586894.html

This is Irish land owned by Irish people. If the people who own that land want to get rid of the landslide and allow these people's lives to return to normal, the EU simply should not be allowed to stop them. That is something which should solely be within the control of the local council assuming it's public land.

Now, here we have the example of local democracy vs. national vs. international. I think everyone would agree that if the law was a local one, petitioning the council would get that law changed far faster than petitioning the government would if it was a national law, and both of those would be incredibly fast compared to changing the law as it exists at EU level. So it's an example of what I said before. The smaller the voting population, the more direct control they have over the laws which affect them. Hence why I am pro de-centralization of power even from a national to a local level, and utterly opposed to centralization of it from a national to an international level.

But all of this is off topic. My question still stands. If I think that the nation state is indeed a "sacred" (although I don't like that word) institution and want to prevent the possibility of it ever being eroded by a federal government, does the Lisbon treaty do enough in EITHER direction to make that a relevant issue, or is the Lisbon Treaty simple nothing to do with it and therefore this should not be considered when voting?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This deserves its own separate thread and I might make one for it tomorrow, but for now - everyone has been asking for an example of the EU forcing us to do something detrimental to our country. Here you go.

This is Irish land owned by Irish people. If the people who own that land want to get rid of the landslide and allow these people's lives to return to normal, the EU simply should not be allowed to stop them. That is something which should solely be within the control of the local council assuming it's public land.

Now, here we have the example of local democracy vs. national vs. international. I think everyone would agree that if the law was a local one, petitioning the council would get that law changed far faster than petitioning the government would if it was a national law, and both of those would be incredibly fast compared to changing the law as it exists at EU level. So it's an example of what I said before. The smaller the voting population, the more direct control they have over the laws which affect them. Hence why I am pro de-centralization of power even from a national to a local level, and utterly opposed to centralization of it from a national to an international level.

But all of this is off topic. My question still stands. If I think that the nation state is indeed a "sacred" (although I don't like that word) institution and want to prevent the possibility of it ever being eroded by a federal government, does the Lisbon treaty do enough in EITHER direction to make that a relevant issue, or is the Lisbon Treaty simple nothing to do with it and therefore this should not be considered when voting?

What you have is a convenient trick for local politicians. We would have laws governing conservation of natural habitats regardless of whether we were in the EU. If it was Irish law, said Mayor would be blaming the bureaucrats in Dublin for the misfortunes of the people. This isn't an example of Europe pushing the country backwards, it's merely an example of an area where instead of Irish law we have fairly equivalent European Law, unless you believe that somehow by now that lobby groups wouldn't have had conservation laws passed which is unlikely in the extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mother says

lol, leading question much?

As usual, though, the problem seems more that Irish politicians (if we may call a Mayor that) are trying to shift the blame from themselves:

Europe is not blocking clean-up efforts in the aftermath of a landslide in Glencolmcille.

That’s according to the EU Commission.

Torrential rain sparked the slide ten days ago, with the resulting mud and debris blocking a narrow bog road linking around 20 homes to Meenacross and Port.

The finger of blame had been pointed towards an EU Habitats Directive for the delay.

Under the directive, wetland locality is designated a special area of conservation, prompting criticism that plant life was of more concern to the EU than humans.

Commission spokesperson Phillipe Carr says the EU has not put forward any reasons why the clean-up can’t go ahead.

Blame-shifting is undeniably a problem, but it isn't exactly an EU one - we saw this before with the Water Services Directive. It has to be pointed out that the Habitats Directive covers undisturbed sites - a bog slide doesn't really qualify. If the EU hasn't put forward any objection to the clean-up, it makes you wonder exactly who "pointed out" the Habitats Directive as stopping operations...

The reason I don't consider that it really enters the equation (although obviously many think it does) is because the EU is a voluntary system, freely entered into by the Irish people, and which we can leave as freely as we joined (we can even follow the UK out, just as we followed them in).

The EU has both intergovernmental aspects (that is, areas where unanimity is required), which presumably not even a 'sacred nationalist' will find objectionable, and it also has supranational aspects where unanimity is not required, and where a country can be bound by legislation it does not support. Presumably, someone who believes that the course of a nation should be set, in every aspect, purely by its own political mechanisms, would consider this latter - the supranational aspects of the EU - to be completely objectionable on principle.

I think that for someone like that, all that is required for a No vote is that an EU treaty contain any movement whatsoever from intergovernmental decision-making to supranational decision-making. It's not a question of which area moves, or of the resulting voting weights - it's purely a matter of principle: "no nation should ever allow itself to be bound by the decisions of other nations".

I don't think one sees this argument laid out very clearly or very often, even though it is presumably a motivating factor for a good number of No voters. Personally, I presume that's because the majority of the electorate don't find it particularly appealing. Instead we see arguments about voting weight in QMV - as if that were genuinely important, given that actual voting is rare (about 20% of the decisions to which it theoretically applies) and almost invariably symbolic - and scare stories about being "dominated" by the larger countries.

Most people, as far as I can see, are reasonably pragmatic about the issue of legislation - what counts is the quality of the legislation, rather than the origin. They're equally pragmatic about the realistic limits of national sovereignty. People want self-determination, but it's not realistic to pretend that we can make our national decisions in some kind of vacuum - we're too small to turn our backs on the world, or ignore what neighbouring countries do, unless we fancy completely turning in ourselves in the kind of national self-sufficiency doctrine espoused by deValera. Even under that piece of lunacy, where you couldn't import Curly-Wurly bars, and you had to apply to the Minister if you wanted to put your prices up (see here, for example), it's impossible to deny that Ireland was far from a free agent - we applied with the UK to join the EEC in 1961, withdrew our application when De Gaulle blocked UK entry, reapplied, again with the UK, in 1967, and again withdrew our application when UK entry was vetoed. We finally joined in 1973, with the UK.

So, my own view is that people to whom 'pure' sovereignty is non-negotiable are a very definite minority (although probably a majority of the hard No vote), and that while sovereignty is important to the majority of voters, pure exercise of sovereignty is recognised by the majority as being an unrealistic goal, and certainly not viable as a principle. That doesn't make it unimportant - it's certainly not unimportant to me, as I'm pretty sure I've said to you before - but it does mean that it's not a sacred cow in the sense it might be to you.

So, for most people, what's important is what the practical effect of supranational decision-making is. Do we lose out? Are we forced to accept things that we would not accept from our national government? The answer seems to be that one is very hard-pushed to come up with things that Ireland has objected to, and lost out on. Even the example you have come up with here turns out, on relatively little inspection, to be nothing to do with the EU, and everything to do with a local official shifting blame from himself and the County Council. That doesn't mean it's impossible to scare people by claiming that our wishes are being 'overridden' in Europe - the majority of people are aware that they don't know exactly what's going on, and the Irish government is even more prone than the No campaigns to blame on Europe what it itself has done.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

"I would hate if a certain Country who failed to dominate Europe by war twice has found a back door to achieve the same objective by treatys."

which neatly brings us back to the original purpose of the Common Market/EU

these are the most peaceful decades in European history.

True! but sometimes Govts can speak softly but carry a big stick!
    btw sometimes i think being able to part quote a posters opinion on boards is as bad as the yes or no side propaganda.

I said "I think we should all read the treaty"

I mentioned the silliness of a *member* state not being able to ban sunbeds without EU approval,not to mention what shapes spuds carrots banana,s etc should be.if this is not beauracy gone mad i dont know what is?

these *minor*issues boost the No campaign to those who really just wonder why their *culture* is being diluted so much by other cultures ways of life.

have people forgotten the outrageous news confrence by Merkel&sarkozy the day Ireland voted NO last time?

They did *back down* rapidly but it was TOO late as they had shown their true colors by then,and it was obvious they did NOT respect the Democratic vote of the Irish people and to some extent under very veiled threats DEMANDED we vote again(was,nt really a request now was it?)

I voted yes last time,now i am undecided for the record.

ynotdu wrote: »
    True! but sometimes Govts can speak softly but carry a big stick!
    btw sometimes i think being able to part quote a posters opinion on boards is as bad as the yes or no side propaganda.

I said "I think we should all read the treaty"

I mentioned the silliness of a *member* state not being able to ban sunbeds without EU approval,not to mention what shapes spuds carrots banana,s etc should be.if this is not beauracy gone mad i dont know what is?

these *minor*issues boost the No campaign to those who really just wonder why their *culture* is being diluted so much by other cultures ways of life.

The short answer is American films, and British companies, TV, and tabloids. The shape of fruit is hardly a major cultural issue, and is largely set now by companies like Tesco.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote: »
    and the Irish government is even more prone than the No campaigns to blame on Europe what it itself has done.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

The TL : DR version.

Yep, FF are only to happy to blame the EU for decisions they themselves didn't have the balls to make!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

Prior to Ireland joining the European Union we remained in economic terms an adjunct of the UK. By opening up new markets to Irish business and providing new ways for our state to have influence in the world the EEC and EU have increased our sovereignty.

The republic of Ireland faces one great challenge to its sovereignty, that challenge is not the EU it is the UK. This state has one enemy that enemy is the UK. The EU provides a multipolar structure that has moved out of the UK sphere of influence.

In fact the No supporters by parroting the line of groups that are in blunt terms our enemies (UKIP, the Tories and the BNP) are the enemies not of national sovereignty in the abstract but of the national sovereignty of their own country.

European integration creates new structures for the exercise of this country's national sovereignty. The idea that the interests of small nations and great powers are identical is one of the more quixotic angles that the No side work.

The No side are traitors and fools who either don't care about Ireland's national interests or are the bought and paid for creatures of England (or British nationals like Ganley).

in the 1950's there was a general movement in Europe towards self sufficiency taken up with gusto by our beloved DeValera. You know the thesis,grow your own, tax imports to encourage Irish production -in one year 60000 were forced to emigrate to find work

This wasn't the real pursuit of national sovereignty, it was just the rhetoric of national sovereignty. The No campaigners don't give a damn about Ireland unsurprising because most of the No campaigners in Ireland are either English or paid by English nationalist organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

MrMicra wrote: »

European integration creates new structures for the exercise of this country's national sovereignty. The idea that the interests of small nations and great powers are identical is one of the more quixotic angles that the No side work.

The No side are traitors and fools who either don't care about Ireland's national interests or are the bought and paid for creatures of England (or British nationals like Ganley).

Here we have the usual 'vote yes cause we hate the brits' tripe. We fought a civil war to get our sovereignty, now you want to hand it to euro bureaucratic elites where we will represent a population of >1% ! Lisbon appeals to socialists because it takes power away from the people (why, they don't want pesky Ireland, Dutch and French voters getting in the way of their grand project).

With Lisbon, the eu elites will never have to worry about another democratic vote again - ever. Policy will be formulated by lobbyists and laws passed by a commission that can hardly be described as democratic or accountable - if we're lucky, we might see Pat 'The Cope' Gallagher or Mary Harkin once or twice in 5 years.

Oh yeah, and the yes side accusing the no side of scare tactics is a bit rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Here we have the usual 'vote yes cause we hate the brits' tripe. We fought a civil war to get our sovereignty, now you want to hand it to euro bureaucratic elites where we will represent a population of >1% ! Lisbon appeals to socialists because it takes power away from the people (why, they don't want pesky Ireland, Dutch and French voters getting in the way of their grand project).

With Lisbon, the eu elites will never have to worry about another democratic vote again - ever. Policy will be formulated by lobbyists and laws passed by a commission that can hardly be described as democratic or accountable - if we're lucky, we might see Pat 'The Cope' Gallagher or Mary Harkin once or twice in 5 years.

What do you mean by usual tactic? The vast majority of Yes posters on this thread are decrying this as nonsense!

And then you go and post that last post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tlev

I'm all for sovereignity but the Irish have shown to really be incapable of governing themselves. At first they turned their back on Europe and closed themselves off to the world and we all remember how well that turned out. Then they joined the EU and had a great party getting loads of free stuff and now after gorging themselves got sick everywhere and said it was everyone else's fault.

Here we have the usual 'vote yes cause we hate the brits' tripe.
    That's my position, I hate the Brits and I will be voting yes.
    Actually 'hate' is a very strong word. I believe that the permanent elite of the UK is profoundly anti Irish and that the permanent elite of the UK wants Ireland weak to control us.
    You love them enough to do as you are told by UKIP, the Tories and the BNP.
    Canis teneo vinco or the dog know his master.
    We fought a civil war to get our sovereignty
    Run that by me again...
    [sovereignty handed to] euro bureaucratic elites where we will represent a population of >1% ...
    With Lisbon, the eu elites will never have to worry about another democratic vote again - ever.
    I don't understand. If no one is going to vote what does it matter what proportion of the EU population Ireland makes up?

The short answer is American films, and British companies, TV, and tabloids. The shape of fruit is hardly a major cultural issue, and is largely set now by companies like Tesco.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Hi Scofflaw,NO the shape of fruit is hardly a major cultural issue,but try telling that to no voters who cannot be arsed to at least try to sort fact from fiction.

just about everybody i know were convinced that they or their children could be drafted into a euro-army first time round despite how often i tried to say that was bull.

the question of not having a commisionar sitting at the table for 5 of every 15 years was IMO a very legitamite worry for voters last time(even now the judge in charge of seeing that both sides of the Lisbon treaty is given a fair hearing admitted that the commission can only give the *hard facts*on morning Ireland on Friday&Marion Finucune on Saturday.
    He openly admitted there are some *grey*areas that cannot be included in the door to door simplified leaflets because in his opinion they could be open to a European Court challenge in the future.(btw he is to be on morning Ireland for the next three Fridays replying to listeners emails,to those who are interested.

meglone nice to see the thanks button being used,it would be even nicer though if You explained what You were thanking only a mod for........:P

To the NO advocates,dont be surprised that Your posts are being attacked more than the yes ones as reading across the many forums on boards it is clear to Me that Ireland has become VERY right wing.

I do not blame that on boards,it seems it is a reflection of what Ireland is at the moment.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

meglone nice to see the thanks button being used,it would be even nicer though if You explained what You were thanking only a mod for........:P

I'll thank anyone who I feel posts a salient, honest, accurate and balanced post. Which I find mostly go to some of the Yes campaigners.
    To the NO advocates,dont be surprised that Your posts are being attacked more than the yes ones as reading across the many forums on boards it is clear to Me that Ireland has become VERY right wing.

I do not blame that on boards,it seems it is a reflection of what Ireland is at the moment.

Look I came in here with no set view on Lisbon. I was actually tempted to vote No the last time but I didn't know enough so I didn't vote. After spending a good bit of time in here and reading up on the treaty a lot I'm happy to vote Yes now. I came in with an open mind but very quickly was horrified by the amount of lying and fantasising from the No side. All the recently registered people who had suspiciously similar views about Lisbon, most of which weren't in the treaty. This didn't make me vote Yes but I'm really glad I'm on the opposing side to people like that.

Now your suggestion that because the Yes voters are actively challenging the No voters this means somehow they are right wing is just total nonsense. I don't even know where you're getting the idea, actually it's so lacking in reality it's funny. You can say anything about the Lisbon treaty in here as long as you have evidence to back it up. This really doesn't suit many No people, well tough luck, prove it or shut up I say.

The EU has given us 41 billion euro and has never tried to force anything on us. I hate to imagine what we would have done without the EU given the calibre of our politicians. All anyone really needs to do is look at the EU's actions up to now and there is no logical reason to fear their actions in the future.

Hi Meglome,thank you for the reply.

You could be right that NO people have infiltrated boards(after all when Sinn Fein were banned from free speech on RTE they infiltrated the Q&A show by J Bowman to get their views on TV!)

My comment about left/right wingers I stand by(I said across MANY forums that Ireland seems to have become much more right wing than it used to be,that was meant merely as a comment in general about were Ireland is now(as a snapshot in time)

I dont think it is Laughable as the yes political parties are by tradition mainly right wing.

it is hard to call the Labour party left wing(in fact i dont think they are ever sure were they stand(they Should be my party of choice!)

the remaining *left wing*parties are firm NO vote advocates.

surely if Everybody was to be honest they are NOT entirely sure exactly what they would be voting for,and the long term consequences?

Hi Meglome,thank you for the reply.

You could be right that NO people have infiltrated boards(after all when Sinn Fein were banned from free speech on RTE they infiltrated the Q&A show by J Bowman to get their views on TV!)

My comment about left/right wingers I stand by(I said across MANY forums that Ireland seems to have become much more right wing than it used to be,that was meant merely as a comment in general about were Ireland is now(as a snapshot in time)

I dont think it is Laughable as the yes political parties are by tradition mainly right wing.

it is hard to call the Labour party left wing(in fact i dont think they are ever sure were they stand(they Should be my party of choice!)

the remaining *left wing*parties are firm NO vote advocates.

surely if Everybody was to be honest they are NOT entirely sure exactly what they would be voting for,and the long term consequences?

Short of claiming omniscience, I would think so.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Short of claiming omniscience, I would think so.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Lol Scofflaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

im voting yes again. Ok. Im sick of all these crazy posts. This is the last lisbon thing i look at.

cuppa wrote: »
    im voting yes again. Ok. Im sick of all these crazy posts. This is the last lisbon thing i look at.

Cuppa,i have not read crazy posts on this thread!

in the main people have posted their sincere belifes about a very complicated treaty with long term repercussions to our future.

it is after all a discussion site open to those who are well aware of what they are voting for,as well as those who are trying to learn more than they do already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Cuppa,i have not read crazy posts on this thread!

you must be new to this forum :D

there are some very "interesting" posts ranging from 2 character "No" to essays that go in circles

Advertisement