Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buyer beware !!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Recirocity laws in the United states concerning firearms, I see theres some question as to the extent of reciprocity laws in the US-heres a map::)

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭pedroeibar

Recirocity laws in the United states concerning firearms, I see theres some question as to the extent of reciprocity laws in the US-heres a map::)
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

OP's comment on CCW was a red herring as it has nothing to do with the subject under discussion. That map shows that there is little reciprocity as one must be a US citizen and then resident in the new state for six months before it kicks in.
    :D
    P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

pedroeibar wrote: »
    OP's comment on CCW was a red herring as it has nothing to do with the subject under discussion. That map shows that there is little reciprocity as one must be a US citizen and then resident in the new state for six months before it kicks in.
    P

There are some efforts being made to bring in legislation to extend reciprocity laws with firearms nationwide but its all a work in progress AFAIK:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

By quoting Form ATF F 6NIA at me you underline the fact that your original post was wrong.
    Also obviously that you didnt read it either.As then you would have known that it is possible to bring firearms and ammo to the USA and under what conditions.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    As a US Citizen the rules applied to you are quite different

WRONG! As a US citizen residing outside CONUS over a certain period,it now applies as well..As I dont have a resident state.
    Any foreigner needs the above form.

Which most generally never see,as it is handled by the guide company or the competition organisers.Within 14 days.

You did not, and that omission is more than careless because any foreigner landing in the US without correct paperwork most likely will be arrested and his gun confiscated. That was and is my point.

WRONG! At worst they will put you back on the next flight home,at best hold onto your gun until you leave the US or get your guide/invitor to the competition to get the paperwork squared away with ATFE .
    Of course if you arrive with a "i wuz jus goin shootin somwhere" and an attitude,yes you can expect trouble.However how many people going to the US actually do this?? Strawman arguement.
    The rest of your post is immaterial, but (a) it is invariably known in the US shooting community as the BATF, not the ATFE

WRONG. Bureau of Alcohol Tabacco Firearms and EXPLOSIVES is now the correct term for this agency since post 9/11.Known by all shooting groups as such since then.Go and read up!Your info is out of date!!!

(
    b) I said the INS were tough, never equated them with BATF
    ;

WRONG! You quoted the INS as being concerned with what you bring into the US,and wether it is tough for you to get thru their checks ,as per your post is a strawman arguement.

(c) reciprocity between states usually is limited to such things as driving licences. The reason Florida has reciprocity with most States is to aid their winter tourist industry.

WRONG!It also applies to CCWP, hunting,pilots liscenses,PI liscenses[within a certain time limit] attorneys etc.The driving liscenses is another strawman.All liscenses are recognised between the States.It is mandatory to change your driving liscense to your new state within 30 days of moving there as a resident!Maybe also because Florida was the first to issue CCW to non residents.

(
    d)Going off on a rant about CCW, “Left” states etc., adds nothing
    ;

Like your strawman arguements.But just to prove you are wrong again. That unless you lived in some totally unfriendly gun state like MA,NYC,DC,CA.That dont recognise anything to do with the second amendment,you dont have these problems as a rule.

(e)
    there is a value limit on cargo so suing the airline is a waste of time
    Really???You been there and done it?Do tell??
    That is why most Irish shooters who value their guns go by sea to the UK, rather than air.

And ask anyone what the paperwork is on THAT!!Not to mind the same restrictions apply on carrige of firearms by SEA&AIR

Spanish guild guns? Spain has an official proof house since 1844 and makers marks[/QUOTE]

Yes...Ever hear of the Basque reigions and early AYA shotguns were made by guilds.One guy made the stocks,others the barrels,another the lockwork,etc...Put it all together and sold under one company banner..
    Good job they have a proof house.Their weak products dont make onto the market.Unlike the Turkish stuff,which is unprooved....Your point being????
    .(g) 21 days to respond - yeah, you get a latter on day 21 saying thank you for your letter, we are processing your request.
    enough.

You really must be the exception to the rule .....And do tell the rest of such a letter???UNLESS there is somthing dodgy or not right about your request that is the only time you would get such,and even then they will specify a time limit.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

pedroeibar wrote: »
    P

The majority of CONUS recognising aeach other States CWP's is no reciprocity???And for you to be resident in a new state depending on the states policy it isusually 31days,before the new state will issue your new paperwork!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
    Get your facts straight!
    Not to mind another strawman arguement.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sweet zombie jesus.
    Would you two calm down a little please?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

dbar wrote: »
    As far as I know, (and I could be wrong on this) he is the only time-served gunsmith in the republic.

There a qualified gunsmith not to far from me in Stradbally Co. Laois

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Who?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ken graham engineering up on the carlow end of the town he also a dealer but dont really sell a whole lot

He was recommended to me for some ladelling work on a washer for a moderator. Didn't actually need him in the end but i thought he was just an engineer that done some simply machining, but you say he's a gunsmith. Handy to know. Thanks
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

I am looking for a moderator for a 17hmr and was told to go over to him (by shane in Portlaoise) got chatting to him and he dead on. He was telling me that he served his time as a engineer and gunsmith seems to know his stuff. He was giving out sxxt about dealers selling moderators for .22 to lads having 17hmr's.

You said he sells a bit. What of? Guns, ammo, accessories? He is only 15-20 minutes away and large stock or small if its worth the trip i always like to know/meet new people.

I was only chatting to him in the yard got the impression tho that he have a small stock and maybe only order to demand. Seems to be more into accessories and working on firearms

Still good to know. Thanks.

Advertisement