Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I miss the old Feedback.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Do new posts in feedback no longer appear on the frontpage recent posts list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Jazzy wrote: »
    and the other didnt have to

That.

Was.

The.

Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Do new posts in feedback no longer appear on the frontpage recent posts list?
    Nein.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

orestes wrote: »
    That.

Was.

The.

Point.
    If it helps, I got your point when you first made it.

On a different note, female moderators (or site members) get no different treatment as far as I'm aware. Certainly not from me and definitely not because they're female or whatever. Most of the time I have very little awareness of who's male, who's female and who's just a mental creation caused by bad scrambled egg. Your reputation is built up by what's in your head and what's transferred to the screen, not what's in your trousers. I'm anti-idiocy, nothing less, little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Current feedback > old feedback.

I miss the old trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its the internet circle of life.

The old trolls eventually got recognised,starved,then died,new ones come along that are that bit more clever than the last batch therefore get fed while not completly revealing their trollish tendencies all at once.To the trained eye they are quite easy to spot when you think about it.

Its Darwin for the computer generation.
    ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i dunno orestes, but i am pretty sure im not a member of /b/oards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

flawless-victory-my-victory-it-is-f.jpg

So, what's the reason Feedback posts don't show on the recent posts list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Probably part of a... conspiracy!!! :eek:

That is what you're driving at I presume?

• Advertisement

i dunno orestes, but i am pretty sure im not a member of /b/oards

If you are talking about the admittedly bad pun in the location field in my profile then you really are clutching at straws and I'm not engaging in this farce of a "discussion" with you any longer since I have better things to do with my time, such as bashing my head off a concrete wall. Later
    So, what's the reason Feedback posts don't show on the recent posts list?

They are appearing on the page for me when I hit the new posts button

Dudess wrote: »
    Probably part of a... conspiracy!!! :eek:

That is what you're driving at I presume?

Is that reply to me?

If so, mine was a straight up question, and really, if you have nothing useful to contribute...but, no, I shall be careful not to backseat mod.

And now I have a subsequent one. Where or what is the "New Post" button :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

its easy to say 'conspiracy' isnt it randy?
    'Tis very easy, Jazzy.

I've been seeing the term thrown around this forum since before I even registered on boards. The fact that it bears as much relationship to reality as a pre-election party manifesto has never deterred the conspiracy theorists from waving it high as their flag of convenience.
    Can somebody show up like maybe.... 5 examples of when a complaint against a moderator was upheld. Or a moderator done doned something wrong and admitted it?
    Well, I've seen you stick up your hands a couple of times, cba going rooting.

I know I've fcuked up a couple of times, but given that they were resolved quickly and painlessly by PM they aren't necessarily on the public record.

Which I suspect is what happens 80% of the time tbh. Show me a man that thinks he's always right, and I'll show you one who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.
    As I recall there were a fair few mods on the side of the poker mods also.
    Indeed.
    Steve wrote: »
    Nature lesson:
    Trolls need food, if they don't get it then they die.
    Indeed.

However, sometimes it's also useful for the spectators to see what small teeth they really have.
    sceptre wrote: »
    Your reputation is built up by what's in your head and what's transferred to the screen, not what's in your trousers.
    Sceptre! :eek:

You're breaking my heart here!! :(

And now I have a subsequent one. Where or what is the "New Post" button :confused:

Good screenshot showing where it is in this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61599823&postcount=30

And it does exactly what it says on the tin :)

Are you plagiarising my tagline? 0_o

Are you plagiarising my tagline? 0_o

That sounds dirty to me for the simple reason that it is you saying it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Indeed.

However, sometimes it's also useful for the spectators to see what small teeth they really have.
    +1
    I've no idea what you're on about but as a fellow mod I feel it's my duty to agree with you no matter what your viewpoint is because, after all, we have a conspiracy to uphold :pac:

(btw, are you female? if so then I'll round up some more support)

*some or all of the above may be fiction and posted in jest

+1
    I've no idea what you're on about but as a fellow mod I feel it's my duty to agree with you no matter what your viewpoint is because, after all, we have a conspiracy to uphold :pac:

Don't forget me, former mods are covered in the conspiracy too remember

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

a lovely coat of white

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Don't forget me, former mods are covered in the conspiracy too remember
    Well I didn't want to say - don't want them to cop on that you're really a secret agent mod sent out in plain clothes to mingle with the populace and report back on any user conspiracies against us :D

• Advertisement

Good screenshot showing where it is in this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61599823&postcount=30

Ah, OK, thanks. I was looking for it on the front page..........

Let's just say I wear my support lower down ...
    a lovely coat of white
    Painter's radio?

A., if you have a point, why don't you try making it in plain, concise, clear English, maybe with a few facts to back it up?

You know, like a good journalist would ...

That way you might actually get some serious responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Is that reply to me?

If so, mine was a straight up question, and really, if you have nothing useful to contribute...but, no, I shall be careful not to backseat mod.
    Ok, sorry nipplenuts.

Dudess wrote: »
    Ok, sorry nipplenuts.

Thanks. You're a good 'un :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I could list the fun of the good old days all day but quite frankly it's been so many years now and methinks we're just getting a bit too old for this shinanigins ;)
    But we're not all the same age! Why spoil the fun for us youngsters? (32 is young, Pighead doesn't care what anybody says)

What you're saying is pretty similar to "Lets ban all disco's, nightclubs and late bars. I'm not able for them anymore and would much prefer a quiet pub in a civilised bar that has countdown on the telly and an old man who knows everything behind the bar"

Let the youngsters soapbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I just won't be as quick to post an overly long aggressive rant for the sake of joining in much like I used to :cool:

I remember those rants. Them were good times.

/me reminisces about the old days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I never said that female moderators get preferential treatment from management. I think if you have a boards.ie social group dedicated to your simply because you're a female moderator, and you support that, then it's perfectly fine to mention your gender when deriding modding. I would never extend that rationale to all female mods. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Boston wrote: »
    I think if you have a boards.ie social group dedicated to your simply because you're a female moderator, and you support that, then it's perfectly fine to mention your gender when deriding modding.

Who has a boards.ie social group dedicated to them simply because they're a female moderator?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Who has a boards.ie social group dedicated to them simply because they're a female moderator?

Dudess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Dudess?

Nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement