Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mother slapping her daughter.

Options
  • 05-09-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Was in a restaurant on Parnell st today and saw a woman slap her daughter (say about six years old) across the face.
    Surely this can't be right regardless of what the kid did?
    Should I have done anything or just as the woman aggressively said "mind your own business you're not around them 24 hours a day!"?
    If she's willing to do this in public god knows what she's like behind closed doors.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Moved from Dublin City Forum..

Mods I wasn't sure exactly where to send this, apologizes if its beyound your remit here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

miami365 wrote: »
    as the woman aggressively said "mind your own business you're not around them 24 hours a day!"?

Did you say something to her OP, or who was that comment directed at?

That would have upset me, but I'm not going to elaborate any further as these anti-smacking threads have been done to death....

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think there's a difference between smacking a child on the bum and clobbering them across the face. That's assault no matter what way you look at it. I remember witnessing something similar to this while waiting for a bus years ago, and I found it very upsetting just witnessing it. I can't begin to imagine what the child was going through. I don't think I'd have said anything if I'd been in your position, cos someone who'd smack a 6yr old across the face in public probably wouldn't be above giving you a slap for your troubles. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

miami365 wrote: »
    Was in a restaurant on Parnell st today and saw a woman slap her daughter (say about six years old) across the face.
    Surely this can't be right regardless of what the kid did?
    Should I have done anything or just as the woman aggressively said "mind your own business you're not around them 24 hours a day!"?
    If she's willing to do this in public god knows what she's like behind closed doors.
    Some people don't deserve kids. That is pretty bad. That same person wouldn't dare hit any kid that wasn't theirs in the same way. The reason that they hit their own is because they can get away with it without consequence.

Fair play to the OP for saying something.

Advertisement