Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello, I'd like to speak to the yogurt?

Options
  • 05-09-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, Does anyone remember that early 90's TV ad for Yoplait yogurt that featured Zig and Zag?

zig.jpg

It went something like...

"Hello, I'd like to speak to the yogurt?,
    The yogurt???
    Yes the fresh and creamy Yoplait yogurt. etc."

I'm trying to find it on youtube but I cant.

Please if somebody could find me a link?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

"Big Ed loves Mona"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Oh god, calling cards.. telecom eireann! Do they still make them things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I thought you initially meant that stupid muller ad with the mothers talking into the yoghurt pots. The strings aren't even taut. I sincerely hope someone got fired for that blunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Yoghurt has a H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yup, the Zig and Zag ad, drove me crazy as a kid, I was into tech even back then and as an 8 year old I thought the idea of sucking a yoghurt through the phone using a straw was silly ... now that I'm a little older it just seemed like fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    "Big Ed loves Mona"

That was one big anti-climax wasn't it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Yoghurt has a H

Tell that to Yoplait smart ass. :p

http://www.yoplait.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hey I have that Zig & Zag call card still in it's wrapper - I was hoping on making my fortune with it lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    "Big Ed loves Mona"

*slams fist* Who does big ed love???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

9/10 times a phonecall between me and my younger sister starts with that conversation. We have been doing it since the add came out so many moons ago. This so funny :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

deadhead13 wrote: »
    That was one big anti-climax wasn't it.:D

I remember saying "Who the **** is this Mona" the ad was on the telly all the time , I was disappointed when all was relived:(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055186130

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mona was a who's who list of thickening agents

one of the ingridents was CMC , aka Carboxymethyl Cellulose , which is probably you might recognise under it's more common name Wallpaper paste :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 glanzamike

This add popped into my head lately,cant find a clip for it,anybody know where to get it..cheers

Advertisement