Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High altitude clouds!

• 05-09-2009 4:17pm

Saw these clouds while climbing Carrauntoohil. The lower altitiude clouds were moving really fast yet these ones didnt seem to move at all.
    First pic is the higher clouds the second pic tries to show the altitude difference.

P6203015.jpg

P6203040.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Great view and caps, they almost look lenticular. i.e. very rare formation.

lenticular-clouds_1032.jpg

Thats them!! Nice one that explains it! The photos dont give the real perspective but those clouds were far far far higher than the lower clouds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

ah damn seen same type myself other day,didn't know they were lenticular type,should of took pic.
    excellent pics by the way

I was in Seattle last year and rooted out a photo

The picture is cropped - I think these are the same type of clouds with the UFO like appearance :D
    Thats Mount Rainier

200812060006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

My favourite type of photo, were a random photo captures something in the background etc. Nicely capped. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

The disc shaped clouds usually form above hiils/mountains,they usually mimic the shape of the ground below.

Advertisement