Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to o2

• 05-09-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

Simple quiestion which i should know as ive done it before. I have an unlocked phone which im using with metoer. I now want to use it with o2 so i ordered the free simcard online. I have the sim card in my phone now and am wondering who do i ring to get my old number on this phone also all numbers on the sim arnt showing up eg custamore care. Btw how long will it take to get my old number working. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Simple quiestion which i should know as ive done it before. I have an unlocked phone which im using with metoer. I now want to use it with o2 so i ordered the free simcard online. I have the sim card in my phone now and am wondering who do i ring to get my old number on this phone also all numbers on the sim arnt showing up eg custamore care. Btw how long will it take to get my old number working. Thanks

If you want to move your meteor no to o2 then i think you will need to go to shop and they will request a port for you, i did same few months back, now you will have to wait till monday because meteor doesn't port on sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Alright thanks do you know if you can do this in the carphone warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Alright thanks do you know if you can do this in the carphone warehouse?

Yes you can , i think good will be go tommorow and fill the form and stuff and they will do it first thg monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

deep1 wrote: »
    i did same few months back, now you will have to wait till monday because meteor doesn't port on sunday.

I would think they do, they did a systems upgrade a while back and you couldn't port for a weekend but that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Adro947 wrote: »
    I would think they do, they did a systems upgrade a while back and you couldn't port for a weekend but that was it.
    Correct, porting hours are the same accross all networks. Meteor does port on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

off topic...

i use my phone for work and when i moved from o2 to vodafone, my bills went from about 120 a month to exactly 68 every month, never managed to use my free minutes, coverage around meath is way better too

Advertisement