Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP Screen discoloration

Options
  • 05-09-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

Lads

I've just noticed that my macbook pro screen has a small black discoloration in the top right hand corner of the screen. TBH it's not that noticeable but it is still annoying. See the picture below. Is there anyway to fix this or is a new screen the only way?

P1000627.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Talisman

It looks like a LCD Backlight issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Some corners of the screens can be darker than the rest, I believe its just the way light is distributed. Not a major problem but see if it's covered under warranty if you want to get it replaced.

On a similar note, has anyone noticed their MBP (non unibody) screens getting more yellowish over time? Or is it just me? I have a 2006 MBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I bought it in April 08, would I have any chance of getting a free replacement screen? The bloody thing has never left the house and has been well looked after.

I don't have applecare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Talisman

Phone Apple support - as customer support goes they are the best around in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

I had that on mine, and got the screen replaced just while it was in warranty. I think it's a fairly well known problem, the crystals start to fail in places. Worth ringing apple to see what can be done for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Is it only me or can anyone else not even notice is?

Can anyone tell me exactly where it is on the picture?

Thanks

Bono Vox wrote: »
    Is it only me or can anyone else not even notice is?

Can anyone tell me exactly where it is on the picture?

Thanks

just above the 0.15 seconds, not that noticeable really but still not good enough for 17 month old laptop that cost over €1,500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

dubmick wrote: »
    just above the 0.15 seconds, not that noticeable really but still not good enough for 17 month old laptop that cost over €1,500

Personally I can't notice it (and I investigated it wel, but you're right. It would bug me, and for an expensive laptop thats well under two years old, it would seriously p1ss me off.

I think you should ring them up, see what they say.

finally got around to ringing apple. First of all got through to a bloke in Cork, he told me to ring back with purchase date. Then got through to a girl in Greece! She said to bring it to an authorised repairer...some place in Bluebell industrial estate. She said if they can prove it's a manufacturing fault it will be repaired free of charge.

Not sure if they will be able to prove it is a manufacturing fault so might just leave it. Maybe I am giving up too easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I think its just the desktop background, you can still see it slightly under the icons at the top

try open a plain white jpeg in fullscreen view and check it then

• Advertisement

I think its just the desktop background, you can still see it slightly under the icons at the top

try open a plain white jpeg in fullscreen view and check it then

it's not the background. Definitely a problem with the screen.

Advertisement