Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese rising sun idea for tattoo

• 05-09-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey guys, I am very new to the world of tattoos as I have just gotten my first this summer. I am 23 and have been obsessed with them for years now so don't know why it took so long but anyway here I am dying to get my second. I have sort of an idea in my head that looks something like a Japanese rising sun design.

Can anybody recommend somebody in Dublin that may be good with these style of tattoos and that would be able to develop on this idea? It will most likely just be black ink. I've only ever visited one tattoo place in Dublin and the guy was totally useless and took absolutely no interest in any ideas I was interested in. He was more concerned with just making €100 fast and I found this really off putting. However, I am sure there are plenty of really good places in Dublin with good artists and I'd like to go somewhere where an the artist in genuinely interested in developing an idea.
    Any advice/recommendations is much appreciated!
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you are going black and white and japanese my man go to Joe moyler in Jmd's in waterford
    1889042899a7390433702l.jpg
    1889042899a7390445513l.jpg
    1889042899a10951820906l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Maybe with shading rather than pure black on the beams..bear in mind that was a military flag and might'nt be taken to too well if you visit some asian countries :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Robbie444

Bambi wrote: »
    Maybe with shading rather than pure black on the beams..bear in mind that was a military flag and might'nt be taken to too well if you visit some asian countries :eek:

Yeah this is my main concern lol. For this reason I'm not sure if I should go too near to the idea but I definitely want something with the beams coming down my upper arm. This is the only reason I chose the flag as an example and it doesn't have any symbolism or anything, I just really like the idea of the beams. The shading too would be really nice! Maybe I should just go in to a few artists and see if they can sketch out some ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Slightly off topic, but oh my god that back-piece is amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Robbie444 wrote: »
    Yeah this is my main concern lol. For this reason I'm not sure if I should go too near to the idea but I definitely want something with the beams coming down my upper arm. This is the only reason I chose the flag as an example and it doesn't have any symbolism or anything, I just really like the idea of the beams. The shading too would be really nice! Maybe I should just go in to a few artists and see if they can sketch out some ideas.

Theres a flag of irish origin called the sunburst flag that has beams but again it has connotations..republican ones lol. Though most people probably wouldnt be aware of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement