Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant wait for Mortal Kombat 9!

Options
  • 05-09-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking with all the success of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (best seeling game in its series since MK2) wouldn't it be amazing to see a Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter.

As a fan of both fighting games franchise I think it would be amazing 2 play something like that tho I do think street fighter characters would truly kick ass! lol

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was utter **** tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eh no. Mortal Kombat has always been **** other than the passable MK2. Street Fighter wouldn't sully it's image with a cross over with such a ****ty series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

haven't played MK since MK trilogy which i quite liked. placed an order for DC one on play as it was dirt cheap. looking forward to giving it a bash, not expecting much from it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Int: Capcom HQ
    *phone rings*
    Capcom: "Hello?"
    "Hiya Capcom, it's Midway here. We were thinking, would you guys like to do a crossover with us?"
    *click*

*phone rings*
    Capcom: "Hello?"
    Midway: "Hiya Capcom, I think your phone cut out on me there. Listen, we kinda want to know if you'd be interested in making a fighting game with us, it'll be awesome! We can have kool kombos and Ryu punching through people's bodies and Akuma would, like, KILL guys with his touch and..."
    Capcom: "... are you for real?"
    Midway: "Yeah man, it'll be spectacular! Just think, all our famous characters with your cast and" *click*

Int: Rare HQ
    *phone rings*
    Rare: "Hello?"
    "Hey Rare, long time no see. Listen, you remember Killer Instinct..."

(postscript: yes, I know Midway are dead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

i cant wait mortal kombat 9 y does evry think mk vs dc is ****e is it because is not dat violet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's rather simple really. It's because it's not a great game. All MK had going for it was the violence and even then it was laughably bad. With games like Street Fighter 4, Blue Blaz and even UFC there really is no point in playing MK vs. DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The controls are terribly slow, and terribly over-complicated, too.
    One stick for 2D + 1 stick for 3D movement? FFS

Advertisement