Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you post a YouTube video?

Options
  • 05-09-2009 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Rather than just providing a link, how do you post an actual video? i guess it has something to do with embedding, but I tried that and it didn't work!

Like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you ever want to know how someone does something like that, quote the post, it usually works.
    [noparse][/noparse]

ie - only use the code of the youtube video to drop it inside the youtube tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I did that Gordon, but I can't figure out where those letters in the middle come from!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Look at the link of the YouTube video: for example if it was youtube.com/watch?v=a1_f4xcjw3 then you take the a1_f4xcjw3 part, and put it between the

Ha, I just figured out the code you mentioned- thanks Gordon!

Thank you too, BuffyBot. I would have used the "Thanks" function but it isn't available here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement