Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kepak smell

• 05-09-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Is it me or is the smell from kepak particularly bad these days?
    especially in clonee village and the industrial estate
    not to mention the housing eststate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Havent noticed but them cows let some scream when facing death.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

So glad someone else gets it - i've really noticed it in the last few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Don't live near but i'm in Kepak a good bit and i havent noticed.
    Kev. wrote: »
    That screaming you are hearing is more than likely not the cattle, I can barely even hear them from the carpark in Kepak. It is a siren let off to scare the crows away from the bone trailers and other stuff in the yard. Also, do you call all dogs bitches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

there was a smell today, good and strong

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Also, do you call all dogs bitches?

what are you on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

what are you on?

They're not all cows, its the same as calling all dogs bitches. Probably should have used a smiley:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Honestly I would see it as the same as calling all dogs well dogs.
    If someone is not invovled in livestock or diary that's what they are cow rather then calf, bull, bullock, dairy cow ect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Its an abattoir, it smells as much as any other, and some days the prevailing winds will take it your way, other days it wont. Not sure if you're complaining OP or just commenting, but Kepak has been there a long time - thati t smells around there some days should be no surprise really.

I've a pig (sow, hog, etc.) farm near me; now there's a smell to clear your nostrils for ya!

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    They're not all cows, its the same as calling all dogs bitches. Probably should have used a smiley:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

noticed the smell aswell,pretty nasty alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement