Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mushroom picking

Options
  • 05-09-2009 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Does anyone now a good spot for picking mushrooms, and no, I don't mean magic ones. Just mushrooms, the ones you eat, like in a risotto or a nice soup. And what ones can you eat and all that? Does anyone know? I sure don't!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Codd's mushroom farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Very few places will exist particularly with the use of chemicals on the land which seem to do away with mushroom growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Irish Wildlife Trust have a pricey(€55) mushroom hunt in your area in a few weeks.

http://www.iwt.ie/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=75&extmode=view&extid=96

A couple of us went on a mushroom hunt in Howth a couple of years ago. It was interesting to see the variety everybody brought back - most of them were identified by the experts as poisonous - we had a mushroom lunch (not the ones we had picked) - it was a very enjoyable day. I can't remember who organised it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There are Chanterelles and a few other edibles somewhere in the Deerpark in Howth but I haven't found any decent ones lately. You're dead right about there being loads of poisonous ones.

• Advertisement

Used to pick field mushrooms near Weston airport in Kildare a good few years ago but there's none there for a long time now

Advertisement