Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Redknapp`s Deadline-Day Diary...

• 05-09-2009 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

8.30: The early bird and all that: I give Portsmouth a bell about the boy Kranjcar. Good player; but he don't bother with the golf. That's a worry.

9.00: Have a look through some old programmes to see if there's anyone who's played for me previous that I can re-sign.

9.45: Marco Boogers won't take my calls. Sod him.

10.15: Bell the last of my former signings: Di Canio. Maybe there's a little bit of business to be done there? Di Canio sounds mental - ranting and raving about Mussolini. Probably eaten a dodgy pontiff or something.

11.45: Sell Crouch to Portsmouth for £5million.

11.48: Buy Crouch from Portsmouth for £7million. He's definitely the player I need to compete on several fronts at once.

12.03: Do a bit of work on one of my party pieces: how it's impossible to compete on several fronts at once with the players I've got.

1.00: Hear a rumour that Kranjcar don't like going racing.

1.10: And another one that he don't even drink.

1.30: Decide I'd better not sell David Bentley after all.

2.00: Sell Bentley to Manchester City for eight.

2.05: Buy Bentley back for ten. The money them Arabs have brought in is crazy - it's totally changed the game, priced everyone else out of the market. It's a madhouse these days.

3.00: The last thing I need is that Bentley prancing around like he's got a sticky bun up his backside, thinking he's made it in the game, giving it the large when he's just a kid with decent ability.

3.15: Give Anton Ferdinand a bell. He can sort Bentley out.

3.20: Ferdinand's agent don't fancy it. Says he's got his eye on a new Ferrari and he's putting it to his boy that City are keen.

3.30: Brian Woolnough phones up to see if he can do a piece called 'Harry: The Barrow Boy With The Midas Touch'.

3.35: Miss Brian's call unfortunately - had Jeff Powell on the other line asking me for some quotes for his piece 'Anglo-Saxon Merchant Harry Showing Viking Marauders And Greasy Marco Polos How We Do It Here In This Proud Nation Of Shopkeepers'.

3.50: Martin Petrov wants to come here. Who wouldn't?

3.55: Apparently he bothers with the golf, this Petrov. Phone Man City, offer them one pound forty. Test how serious they are.

4.00: Unknown quantity though: Petrov ain't played for me before. Best left well alone.

4.39: Decide I'll have a bit of fun. Call David James up. "Harry! Harry! Thank God," says Jameo. "I knew you'd come back for me."

5.00: Ask David James if he's done any good pictures recently and hang up as he starts sobbing. A good day all round.

Advertisement