Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 bsod :(

• 05-09-2009 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Been getting bsod all day randomly , boots fine , will just get the bsod randomly.

Bad_pool_header

Ive had a look about and not round anything useful at all, no new hardware installed, i've run a chkdsk /r checked condition of hard drivers and they are reported healthy. I've removed any recently installed software also.

The other thing I noticed last night and during the day today was i was getting messages that certain windows services had stopped working and if i wanted to check for a solution , from memory these where , search indexer, firewall , task manager which id left running in the back round there were a few others. they didnt appear all at once though.

Oh if I remember the first time i got theh blue screen it was about fltmgr.sys but i havent seen that once since they have all been bad pool headers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

A virus might've mangled you up...

Could be anything though. Check the event viewer if you can, even in safemode. Had a rather odd one a few days ago... turned out it was caused by the router, not the PC itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Perhaps:
    ram check first -
    grab a copy of memtest 86+
    make a boot floppy disk and copy over the memtest executable to it
    restart the machine, load memtest and go have a loooong lunch.

then drivers -
    also as soon as win7 is connected to the net it searches for updated drivers for pretty much everything,
    most of my drivers installed straight from the dvd, however even though they worked already
    win7 decided i needed new ethernet drivers and drivers for my screen, so its likely that
    it has updated something else, or it could just be your gpu drivers causing the bsod.

go here - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update
    and select view update history from the leftside panel, should show you everything thats been updated so far,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You could try debugging the minidump and see what was causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

In situations like this its always quicker to just reinstall completely, but run memtest first to check for memory errors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thanks for the reply's folks, I figured the same quicker to reinstall etc.
    So installed vista , got some other bsod's while i'm using it like apc index mismatch , memory management.

Ran vista memory diag, and memtest over night. Both reported bad things re: the ram.

Called customer support and spoke to them and they have agreed a pick up for repair, so either they fix for free or i just get some new ram myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement