Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First night out in Dublin!

Options
  • 05-09-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

The prospect is kinda intimidating, especially seeing I'm going out alone, but it's either that or sit on the net all night. So I just wanted to ask, what is there to do or where is there to go in Dublin on a Sunday night if you're a young gay guy? Thanks in advance for any help! And apologies too for my naivity, haha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sunday night? Bingo in the george, realistically... Sundays are quite dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Well Yoko...how was your night?? Meet anbody interesting....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 YokoFactor

Um. Well. I stayed in. And watched DVDs with my cat.

I'm cool, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rhubarbular

FACT: there will be a large quantity of friendly gays in the george smoking area this saturday. you should do it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Why not try the Queer Beers (see the sticky) in October as your first night out on the gay scene? You will have you very own set of buddys to chat to and get to know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

FACT: there will be a large quantity of friendly gays in the george smoking area this saturday. you should do it :O

You wouldn't happen to be one of them by any chance.....? :)

As MicraBoy said - clickeh

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rhubarbular

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to be one of them by any chance.....? :)

As MicraBoy said - clickeh
    i happen to know there is a nice boys birthday, and all his super nice friends will be milling around. do you find the george has become a bit unfriendly and weird in the last year or so? i used to always have great fun befriending drunk strangers there, but lately people are less than welcoming of conversation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

do you find the george has become a bit unfriendly and weird in the last year or so? i used to always have great fun befriending drunk strangers there, but lately people are less than welcoming of conversation :(

It really has. There's an awful atmosphere there now, I've been about 4times so far this year and everytime it's been a complete waste of a night out. It used to be fun

P.S. "Rhubarbular" is fun to say

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

i happen to know there is a nice boys birthday, and all his super nice friends will be milling around. do you find the george has become a bit unfriendly and weird in the last year or so? i used to always have great fun befriending drunk strangers there, but lately people are less than welcoming of conversation :(

If you can get in :p I never seem to be able to (except once in a blue moon). 19, with a Garda ID. They always look at it and then say "No. Not tonight." Or some variant thereof. So f-ing annoying

• Advertisement
Advertisement