Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balance Transfers

Options
  • 05-09-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I transfered my balance (%0) from mbna to first active,now my first active card is coming to the end of the promo and I still have a balance of around 2k,
    is it true I only have to pay gov tax once a year? as I had to pay it twice this year once to mbna and then again to first active,now Im thinking of transfering to tesco as they have 6months %0 balance transfers.
    any help on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

If you close your credit card account and open another one - you need to get the original card issuer to write and confirm that you paid the stamp duty . The new card issuer should then not charge yoo. If you left the old card open (even if you didn't use it) you will be liable for 2 lots of stamp duty.

Advertisement